Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm no Wendy

I rarely post pictures of myself because I rarely look as good as I do even in the picture you see right there. As I flit around looking at the blogs of others I often see pictures of people posing in their brand new FOs or participating in Self Portrait Tuesday and I'm always stoked to see that the people I feel like I know. So I'm going to make more of an effort to post pictures of myself even though I hate how I look in pictures and I don't have HWWV* (see Knit and Tonic) to snap elegant photos of me.

I'm no Wendy but I'm not Phyllis Diller either and she let people take pictures of her.

I have a date tonight, hence the Rosie the Riveter meets Aunt Jemima look I've got going on, got to keep the pin curls tidy while they dry. Actually, the photo is from last week but I look the same today so there was no need to snap another, let's not go crazy here. Red Todd Kidd and I are going out on the town. "On a Monday?" you ask. Why yes, on a Monday. You see I've got something special planned and it's a one night only event so we're going out on a Monday even though it's Lola Bean's birthday today. I figure, she's two, she doesn't know. Plus we're giving her a party on Saturday. Not to mention I'm the one who actually did all the work when she was born anyway.

I wonder how the whole birthday thing got started anyway. If you think about it it should really be kids doing something nice for their mothers on the anniversary of their birth not the other way around. I guess that's the nature of motherhood though, just keep on giving, right?

So here I sit, listening to the kids play while watching Dora the Epileptic Fit Causer, thinking about the knitting and laundry I have to do while I wait for my pin curls to dry. Is it 1943 in here or is it just me?

*This is no way a Wendy slam, I love Wendy and read her blog every chance I get. While I may be jealous of her thin, blonde, fabulousness I still think she's the greatest thing since knitblogging.

Labels: ,

Comments on "I'm no Wendy"

 

Blogger Tactless Wonder said ... (5/22/2006 12:11 PM) : 

I think Dora should be outlawed. My niece thinks it's A-OK to SCREAM OUT LOUD (she's 3, Dora is her hero) when talking. eep.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (5/22/2006 2:39 PM) : 

Those are great pictures of you! I can totally relate to what you wrote about posting photos. Maybe I'll gain some courage to do the same on my blog.

Have fun on your date tonight!!

 

Blogger Amy said ... (5/23/2006 4:11 AM) : 

Love it. There's something to be said for the Rosie the Riveter look~I'm growing my hair back out and it just may become my new 'do.
Our kids all love(d) Dora too and Monkey boy is now really into the Diego thing. There's only so many times you can hear Rosie Perez sing the 'Click' song.

 

Blogger Rain said ... (5/23/2006 4:45 AM) : 

Lol, I've been roaring laughing at your policy on birthdays. I think you definitely deserve a night out. Have fun but try not to join the rainbow sick club.

You're gorgeous so don't be shy to post those pics. We all have some shockers in the photo depertment so we'll let you off posting those.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (5/23/2006 6:39 AM) : 

Rosie the Riveter meeting Aunt Jemima---classic!!!!

Hope you had a fun night!

 

Blogger Ali said ... (5/23/2006 6:55 AM) : 

DO,
Sometime ago, I can't remember when, you posted another picture of youself on your blog. I remember thinking, "Damn her! Good looking and funny!" *Ali shakes fist in the air*

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (5/23/2006 11:58 AM) : 

Aunt Jemima the Riveter.

Dora encourages yelling. I say we kick Boots the Monkey in the cajones. Who's with me?

Let's start a self-photo (not a portrait, cuz that implies a certain level of class that I know I don't have) blogalong or something.

 

Blogger veritas said ... (5/26/2006 10:19 PM) : 

thank you! i love putting faces to names. ah! that is what the Overlord looks like! and the Overlord has a fantastic scarf. yay for scarfs.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (6/01/2006 5:01 PM) : 

I'll take Dora over some of the others any day.

Angelina Ballerina anyone?

Barney? Can you believe he's still on the air?

Caillou? (or worse, Rosie the little sister, who might have grown up to be a riveter for all I know.)

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (6/01/2006 5:06 PM) : 

BTW, May 15, there you are, all made up, hair done, holding your Jaywalkers. Snapped by the husband himself.

To give that picture the WendyB. style, go outside, have him stand on a chair, set the camera to wide angle and get fairly close to you. Also, rotate for vertical picture. Then, you will be on your way to Knit and Tonic quality pics. Also, put a G & T in the background and the worlds most patient looking dog.

 

post a comment