Friday, February 23, 2007

Clown College and disturbing Instruxions

I have finished my nephew's sweater. It's Auspicious Coincidences from Compassionate knitting but I have taken to calling it the Clown College Sweater because of all the orange. So much orange. Since orange makes my sister happy though, I'm happy with it.

The buttons once again are courtesy of the UK knitty that sent me lots of buttons, Suzzane. I like the way they look, sort of subdued compared to the riot that is the rest of this thing. I had planned to put six different buttons on it from my collection but thought better of it and used these simple wooden ones.

Pattern: Auspicious Coincidences.

Yarn: Odd balls of Sugar and Cream Cotton leftover from the Christmas Dishcloths.

Needles: Clover/Takumi Size 7 bamboo 24" circs for the body and the same brand but DPNs ( I put point protectors on the ends and used them like straight needles) for the fronts. Addi Turbo size 5s for the trim.

Adjustments: The fronts match and the sleeves match though the pattern calls for randomness. This is because I was too lazy to be random.
Things I learned from this pattern: Knitting in ends sucks almost as much as weaving in ends. I stull suck at finishing work as you can see from the fact that the stripes don't line up in the front.

I don't ever feel the need to make this sweater again. Too hard. Actually it's all very simple and boring, it's just that all those endslead to me wanting to scream and scream and then scream some more. I'm just really glad to be done with this thing.

And now I'd like to leave you with this insanity. I got lunch at Rally's yesterday and this weirdness was on the side of the bag. I'm not sure what to be concerned about out by most, the fact that they advise you to cram a cat in a fast food bag, that they feel the need to emphasize that you should use YOUR cat, or that they spelled 'instructions' with an X. And just so you know when you get the cat in the bag it looks like it's wearing a basketball jersey and gold necklaces.

It's all very disturbing. It would seem that they invite you to submit and view these pictures at a website devoted to something I'm sure PETA has problems with.

That is the randomness of the week.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Clown College and disturbing Instruxions"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2/23/2007 2:39 PM) : 

Some other blog was talking about the Rap Cat CD and I had no clue what it was, and now you have this bag. So, where's the cat wearing the bag? Or will you send me a bag so my cat can wear it? I don't think we have these restaurants (it is a restaurant?)

So confusing!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (2/23/2007 3:17 PM) : 

That is a cute sweater!! Bummer abou all those ends though!

Hehe..interesting cat bag....

 

Blogger Carrie said ... (2/23/2007 3:48 PM) : 

I can't get my dog to wear a nice hand-knit sweater, I can't imagine trying to make a cat wear a bag.

Love the clown college sweater, the colors are great.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (2/23/2007 4:07 PM) : 

I love the sweater, it's very happy and colorful.

Instruxions be damned, any cat I've ever owned would claw my face off if I tried to stick her in a bag she doesn't want to be in. It's a strictly voluntary thing... the warning label should include the words 'face in tatters' or some such.

 

Blogger Rain said ... (2/24/2007 10:48 AM) : 

Welcome to the 'I ain't knittin in more than one colour again' club. I feel for you with those ends they're a ball-ache to do. The sweater looks fab though. I like the orange, it goes really well with the other colours. It looks fab.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/24/2007 2:02 PM) : 

Love that sweater, it is beautiful. Nice job!

 

Blogger tejiendo said ... (2/27/2007 2:47 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Bufanditas said ... (2/27/2007 2:52 PM) : 

The sweater is just adorable. Knitting and weaving in ends suck but look at the awesome result, well worth it IMO.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/28/2007 7:38 AM) : 

Love that sweater -- but man, the ends to weave in. I kinda think the cat-bag thing might be about how much cats like to play with paper bags? No? (Pollyanna here, just sayin'...)

 

Blogger ZantiMissKnit said ... (3/08/2007 10:59 AM) : 

rap cat's messing with me. wtf? meow, meow, meow, meow!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (3/08/2007 1:56 PM) : 

Dude. That's a lot of dishcloths. But hey, when that kids learning to scoot you could soak the sweater, put it on them and ta-da, you'd have a human mop.

I think that idea ranks up there with sticking a cat in a fast food bag.

 

post a comment