Monday, April 23, 2007

I win.

The Harry Potter Scarf has been bound off. It's done. It's over. The loathesome beast will be departing shortly. I win.

Okay the Vital stats: Red Heart Acyrillic in Claret (3 skeins) and Caron (1 skein) in some yellow, the label came off ages ago. The needles were Clover bamboo in size 8 and then I got my KP Options set and switched, much easier after that (Sticky Ickryllic+bamboo=GAH!).

The dimentions on this thing are rediculous. It's like, 11 inches wide. I wasn't about to start over so too bad. If I ever did another, and that's the biggest fattest if you ever saw, I'd still do it on the same size needles, albeit with another yarn of the same weight, but I'd cut the number of sts from 90 per round to say, 60.

I hated this thing. So much.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "I win."

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (4/23/2007 10:01 AM) : 

Yeah I did one that was in the "older" style and yawn!!!! What a boring knit!
Congrats on getting the beast subdued!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (4/23/2007 10:32 AM) : 

WTG!!! Looks good, I do like that pattern better than the older one I did. I'm never knitting it again..how 'bout you? ;)

 

Blogger knottygnome said ... (4/23/2007 10:37 AM) : 

congratulations! very soon you will never have to look at it again.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (4/23/2007 10:44 AM) : 

I love how it's tossed casually in the sunshine. I don't think there are ANY scarves I'm interested in knittng anymore so I admire your patience!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4/23/2007 2:38 PM) : 

I've knit about a dozen of those things, in the older style. I LOVE mine, but I would only ever knit another one for someone VEEEEERY important to me. ;-)

 

Blogger Jo said ... (4/23/2007 5:48 PM) : 

Very pretty - and again I bow to anybody who would finish it. I mean, I'm a fan and all, and I'd like to have one, but not enough to put myself through the torture of making one. You rock my socks

 

Blogger Mag said ... (4/23/2007 8:40 PM) : 

This is the end, beautiful friend, this is the end, my only friend the end....


Well that's the way I heard it. ;-)

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (4/24/2007 1:43 PM) : 

Well, it was nice of you to endure the torture. I love it! ;D

 

Blogger Rain said ... (5/10/2007 8:14 AM) : 

Thank f*** for that. I hate boring scarves. I did two of the old style and it bored me half to death. Hope the owner loves it accordingly.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (5/14/2007 3:47 AM) : 

Deep breath, you're done. Now go have a Martini or three and don't ever think of the big red scarf ever again.

Looks great, though!

 

Blogger Mag said ... (5/18/2007 9:10 AM) : 

Hey, Post! You silly monkey. (Although I am secretly very happy for you that you have too much to do with the new home to even think about the blog. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/21/2007 9:31 AM) : 

I'm working on 2 of 'em. Well, thankfully not at the same time. I love how yours turned out. :)

 

Blogger Rain said ... (5/22/2007 1:11 PM) : 

Music videos are boring, always happy to drop it for the theatre dahh-ling!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/19/2012 1:46 PM) : 

Oh no! I've been asked to make this by a friend's son, and now I've read everyone else's comments I'm dreading how long it's going to take!!

 

post a comment