Friday, January 26, 2007

Ta-Da!

So I dropped everything I was doing to knit up this Calorimetry for my upcoming trip to Maryland. It's supposed to snow, highs in the 30's. I've never seen snow. I've never been any colder than 40 degree weather. I'm freaking out.

Anyway, I knit this up in an evening. I did mine on US7's though the pattern calls for US8's because I wanted it smaller. The button I used was a cute wooden toggle button that either Rain or Suzanne sent me. I know it came from an awesome UK knitty, sorry gals, I can't remember which! I used the second to last ball of the Knit Picks Andean Silk (in Cranberry) that Megan sent me.

I'm thinking of making another out of some handspun Keohinani sent me but I'm afraid there won't be enough. The pretty green/blue/purples are begging to be something and it's SO soft. Maybe I should just try it...

I need to make a proper hat and I was going to make Swell but EVERYONE had a problem with the pattern so I'm to scared to start it. Suggestions are welcome.

P.S. Like my pink chenille robe? I love to dress up for you.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Ta-Da!"

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (1/26/2007 12:08 PM) : 

The only problem with swell is the stupidly large gauge. I held paton's classic wool doubled and went by the pattern for the smallest size, ending up with a perfect fit for a 22" head.

Calorimetry looks great on you! Wasn't it a fun knit?

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (1/26/2007 12:35 PM) : 

That red looks so amazing on you!

And I did exactly what TG did - doubled Paton's Classic. My Swell turned out fine. (Added mohawk and all)

 

Blogger rincaro said ... (1/26/2007 12:54 PM) : 

You've never seen snow? Oh my.

Your calorimetry looks cute!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (1/26/2007 1:40 PM) : 

I love yours!!! I heart red truly, although I play with other colors LOL! I liked making it, so amazing those short rows!

Have a great trip! Hope you do get to see snow...a tip though..don't eat yellow snow
gggggggggg ;)

 

Blogger Batty said ... (1/26/2007 7:11 PM) : 

I love that red on you! Hope you get snow but no cold.

Oh, and I love your robe too. I'm wearing the 'kitty frump' as we speak. It's a red ankle-length fleece robe with cats all over. 'nuff said.

 

Blogger Bad Amy said ... (1/31/2007 3:55 AM) : 

Oh, honey, you're gonna need more than that cutie Calorimetry to keep you warm! ;)

I hope you get to see a good snowfall. I love 'em but there hasn't been much this year.

 

Blogger Rain said ... (2/14/2007 4:43 PM) : 

Never seen snow????? You don't know what you're missing. It's fab stuff. Don't eat it if it's yellow though! ;)

 

post a comment