Friday, April 21, 2006

Once upon a time, I thought I could do anything...

Anyone remember last year when I decided to make my own shoes? I've got the itch to try again. Actually I also have the itch to get a new tattoo but that's another post. I've been working it out in my head and I even pulled out the leather the other day. Then yesterday I found a website for a place to go learn to make shoes for real. Yeah, I'm TOTALLY stoked about it. I've already got a freind of mine roped in to going with me and helping me acheive my dreams of cobblery. The only thing is, it's in Washington AND it's pretty expensive. Alas, it shall be awhile before I can attend. Sigh. But I'm definately going to do it, and it's going to be (dare I quote Barney?) Legendary. Yes, with a capital "l".

In the mean time, I'm working on Crumbs (you may call it Crumpets but I no longer do) and thinking of starting some Jaywalkers for my MIL. I'd like to give them to her for Mother's Day but I don't think that's going to happen. Likely I'll just make them when I get a bit more stuff off the needles and give them to her for Christmas.

As a quick aside, about The Dalai Lama's book: I think I'm going to have to read it more than once.

Labels:

Comments on "Once upon a time, I thought I could do anything..."

 

Blogger Rain said ... (4/21/2006 12:19 PM) : 

That is seriously cool. I can just see you as a cobbler!

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (4/21/2006 2:20 PM) : 

I've been feeling the "I need a new tatt" itch for a while now too. I'll design a PKP tatt for ya, since yer down widdit.

My next tatt's gonna be the Chinese characters for Hunan Pork. Right on my ass.

 

post a comment