Monday, May 15, 2006

I did it!

I got those Jaywalkers finished, washed, blocked, and wrapped on time! Ah sweet victory, how I love you.

Red Todd Kidd snapped a few pics of them for me before I wrapped them up and sent them on their way so I'm sharing those with you. No, I didn't cut my hair, it's just pulled back.

We had a very nice day yesterday. Carne Asada, Pacifico, homemade rice, and refried beans. It was also RTK's sister's birthday (it was actually on the third but we celebrated it yesterday) so my MIL made cupcakes. It's funny because I'm doing cupcakes for Lola Beans' birthday party in two weeks. Are they the new black or something? I haven't decided on what flavors yet so if anyone has a recipie to suggest I'd be happy to hear it. Oops, got off the subject.

Anyway, we had a nice day. Red Todd Kidd got me way too many presents but I'm not complaining! My favorite of the gifts was my very own copy of the book The Princess Bride. I'm so excited! I can't wait to read it with the kids. If you've never read it I suggest you go out and get a copy. There's more background to the characters than the movie provides and it will make you love the movie even more.

Man, now I wan to knit Andre! Well, that's going into the queue (Has a UK knitty infected my brain? That just came right out...) for a bit since I should be getting the pattern for my sweater today!

I placed a Knit Picks order last week and should be here today. I ordered two books, a pattern, and a sweater stone. That's right, no yarn. I knew if I ordered yarn I'd HAVE to cast on with it. I was being good... I was being stupid wasn't I? Oh well, it's done now!

Just Crumbs and the sarf for Uncle Elvis to finish and then I can do what I want. Namely, my sweater. I can't wait.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "I did it!"

 

Blogger Dk's Wife said ... (5/15/2006 10:20 AM) : 

First, you are very pretty. You have an exotic look to you! :-)

Second, those socks are awesome, but the sock hangers, did you make them or buy them? Those are cool.

Glad you mother's day was good!

Take care

Kay

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (5/15/2006 11:03 AM) : 

Great job on them there Jaywalkers girl! Love the earring look! Looking good :)

 

Blogger DomesticOverlord said ... (5/15/2006 11:35 AM) : 

Thank you! My "exotic" looks often prompt people to ask "What are you?" To which I usually reply, "Human, aren't you?" I feel I must also admit that I don't normally look like that. I rarely wear make up or even brush my hair. But I sure do shine up like a penny when I take an hour in the morning!

The sock blockers are made from wire coat hangers. I'll post the link for you later when I find it.

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (5/15/2006 12:22 PM) : 

I totally agree about the book version on The Princess Bride. It rocks. (How much of a Princess Bride fan am I? Hubby and I used "Storybook Love" at our wedding. =)

And you want cupcake ideas? Check this blog: http://chockylit.blogspot.com/

Amazing stuff.

 

Blogger adrienne said ... (5/15/2006 12:27 PM) : 

Love the Jaywalkers! They turned out really well! The chockylit blog is an awesome place for recipes, but this site is great for pictures and ideas too :)

 

Blogger weaselrina said ... (5/15/2006 1:05 PM) : 

Your jaywalkers came out terrific!

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (5/16/2006 6:07 AM) : 

YAY!

And I agree, you're gorgeous.

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (5/16/2006 10:01 AM) : 

Beautimous! You finished them up fast! I ended up taking over a month to get the ones done I did. But my sister got them in the mail yesterday (two days after her b-day - stupid post office) and loves them. No word yet on the fit though. Strangely, she didn't mention that in her message. Hmm...

 

Blogger Rain said ... (5/16/2006 10:28 AM) : 

Yay you finished them in time. I'm sure she'll love them.

It sounds like you were spoilt rotten on mother's day and deservedly so.

Next thing you know you'll be joining queues in the street just because they're there.

 

Blogger Margot said ... (5/21/2006 12:00 PM) : 

Very ingenious sock blockers you cheapa$$, you! : )

The socks are awesome too!

Princess Bride. My favorite book EVER (since I was in HS). I'm a re-reader and I've read that book more times than any other. I even have a first-edition paperback with the Goldman parts in red!

Happy belated mother's day.

 

post a comment