Friday, April 28, 2006

Bilateral symmetry you are my nemisis!

Damn humans with their two feet. I have a severe case of PMSSS (for the uninitiated, that stands for Pre-Mature Second Sock Syndrome) and as such I have a question for all of you:

Once you finish turning the heel of a sock do you suddenly knit in slow motion?

I seem to.

I did up the top of that sock in no time flat. The heel took some time because I had to rip it out to get the reinforcing thread right but still, it was fairly quick. Then I picked up my gusset stitches and started the decreases. That was Wednesday. Today is Friday and I've gotten through the decreases but not much further. I'm treading against the tide trying to do the foot of this thing and going nowhere.

And there's another whole sock to do!

Now I remember why I don't knit socks much. I'm bad at finishing one thing let alone one two-part thing!

Damn your two footedness human kind! Damn it!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Bilateral symmetry you are my nemisis!"

 

Blogger Rain said ... (4/29/2006 3:40 AM) : 

Well I ain't chopping a foot off just to make you happy, although I almost took one off with a meat cleaver when I was 8.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (4/29/2006 4:28 AM) : 

Damn bipeds!!!!!!

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (4/29/2006 4:54 AM) : 

Sadly, I seem to hit slow-mo once the heel is turned, too. And that happens whether I am going toe-up or cuff-down.

I feel your pain.

 

post a comment