Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Showing off.

Veste Everest is finished. I actually finished it the day before I was supposed to give it to my MIL, talk about getting in under the wire! I don't have a picture of her in it yet, she hasn't tried it on, but here's one of my mom modeling it. She made me promise not to put her hair or pants in the picture, hence the Marie Antionette look (please also note my own shadow in this very fine photo, prize-winning photography here at Stuff I Typed, I know it's why I have all 5 of my fans).

Yarn: I used Patons Decor in Barn Red. I purchased five balls, thought I was going to run out and got two more, and only ended up using four and a half.

Needles: Cheapass Susan Bates pink aluminum needles in size 7, Addi Turbo size 5s for the ribbing.

Things I learned from this project: purling through the back loop blows (ribbing).

Adjustments: I did an extra pattern repeat to make the body longer, I could have even done one more it would seem, that is one short vest. I think I switched needle sizes to get gauge, I can't recall now. I haven't looked at the pattern in awhile.

All in all I'm happy with it, I only made one mistake and only I can see it and when it's on no one can see it. I think I did a nice job on it and I feel very accomplished at having completed an entire garment, especially one with cables. It was an easy pattern to memorize and very good to take along different places. I reccomend it as a good cable starter pattern.

In other news, I've cast on for the sleeves of my nephew's sweater and there's not a moment to lose since there's a baby shower on Sunday. I'm going to have to haul ass. I will never do that project again. I'm knitting in the ends as I go and I still want to just scream or puke or both. Too many fucking ends!!! You'd think I'd have noticed that before, right?

Next up will be Red Todd Kidd's other sock, I supose I should reward him for getting that new job! And then I might, just might, make a sweater for Lucky. That boy is in need of some clothes that fit. Also he wears a size small (if you add six inches in length to the thing, lol) so it's not the usual miles of boring that most guy sweaters end up being. We'll see.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Showing off."

 

Blogger DeltaDawn said ... (2/20/2007 9:42 AM) : 

Looks great and I love the red! I think I might have to make me one....

 

Blogger Rain said ... (2/20/2007 10:27 AM) : 

Ooh that looks fabulous. I love the shade of red. Your head shadow makes up for the missing head in the photo!

 

Blogger Dk's Wife said ... (2/20/2007 12:21 PM) : 

I think it is beautiful! I love cabeling! Great job DO!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (2/20/2007 3:29 PM) : 

Beautiful! I love it! It's red! :)

 

Blogger Katie said ... (2/20/2007 9:07 PM) : 

You now have a sixth fan. The lovely shadow shot won me over. Congrats to RTK on the new job and to you for being so patient while waiting for it.

 

Blogger Charles said ... (2/20/2007 9:17 PM) : 

O MY GOD!! SUCH GREAT!!!!

beautiful!

 

Blogger GURO said ... (2/21/2007 12:02 AM) : 

That's beautiful! Lucky lady to be getting this from you! Love the colour.

 

Blogger Faerynuff said ... (2/21/2007 1:23 AM) : 

I hope she loves it as much as I do!

Great work :)

 

Blogger knottygnome said ... (2/21/2007 7:03 AM) : 

it looks really pretty! i love the red.

 

Blogger darlene mcleod said ... (2/21/2007 4:27 PM) : 

The vest looks great! And the sweater for your nephew will undoubtedly look amazing (that little pic two posts ago was fab!)

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (2/24/2007 9:11 AM) : 

Beeeyoooteaful!

 

post a comment