Saturday, January 27, 2007

And then there were two.

Check it out. My awesomeness knows no bounds today. I went and finished another of these things. (You can click on the pics for larger sizes) The yarn is Keohinani's very first handspun. She dyed it too, if I remember right. I've been waiting for something awesome to come along for this yarn and like magic it finally did. The buttons are more from Suzanne. I'm really diggin' on having two buttons, it feels more stable to me.

I altered the pattern this time, I took it down 12 stitches but did the same number of rows. If I had it to do over I wouldn't have. I was trying to ensure that I had enough yarn but as it turns out I have more left over than I used. Not enough to run through it one more time with the right number of stitches of course; just slightly more than half. I like it, I just wish it was wider over the ears.

I did start a Swell vbut I'm going to frog it first thing. I hate that pattern. It's very badly written, blech. A shame since I love the wave pattern (despite the fact that it's got you traveling the yarn 8 sts in one spot). Maybe I'll try to incorporate it into something else. Well, it's already tomorrow, I'm going to bed!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "And then there were two."

 

Blogger Batty said ... (1/27/2007 6:16 AM) : 

I stand in awe of your mad spinning skillz! Also, I love what you did with the two buttons. For a pattern that's notorious for sizing issues, making it adjustable seems like the idea solution.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (1/27/2007 7:57 AM) : 

I love it! Great job there! :) Good idea on the 2 buttons too! Those are some great ones BTW! Go you knitting fiend you!! :)

 

Blogger DomesticOverlord said ... (1/27/2007 8:09 AM) : 

I didn't spin it! Keohinani of Aloha and Oreos did. She has the mad skillz.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (1/27/2007 5:23 PM) : 

Both are sooo cute!!
I caught Calorimetry fever and made one today for my sister and I'm going to make one for me now!

You know, for those cold California nights.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (1/27/2007 9:04 PM) : 

I love the way those buttons match the yarn! You'll be one toasty Californian in Maryland!

 

Blogger Katie said ... (1/29/2007 3:44 AM) : 

I thought of you and this post when I went to the grocery store with my 2-year-old this morning. There's about 6" of snow on the ground with a thick layer of ice over it. He told me "no toat" when I was about to put his coat on. I had to explain that snow on the ground means you have to wear a coat every time you go outside. And then I just wore a sweater over my shirt. As I was driving home, I looked at the temperature. 23F. Enjoy the snow!

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (1/29/2007 3:55 PM) : 

OMG. you MADE that!? out of the yarn i spun?! oh, oh....*tear* *sniffle* i'm soooo proud. :)
great job! though, it was spunky eclectic roving in the tie dye colorway. the awesomeness of everything working together collectively is ... massive.
i'm gonna go eat a chocolate covered pretzel to celebrate. and maybe sorta kinda save that pic to my computer to admire. which would almost be as good as admiring in person. almost. yay!

 

Blogger Rain said ... (2/14/2007 4:42 PM) : 

Sarah, I don't know how it happened but my bloglines has kicked you off my list so I haven't had any updates. You're the second person I've realised it's happened to this week. So sorry, I haven't been ignoring you - promise.

The calorimetrys both look fab. I really like the red one, it suits you.

 

Blogger darlene mcleod said ... (2/16/2007 8:43 AM) : 

I'm de-lurking! I'm digging your calorimetry. You're right, the handspun is perfect for it, and the two button feature is a wise addition, I think.
Also, kudos to the KITH reference for your blogs. You have no idea how often that ridiculous song is in my head. "...but they come from different moms!"

 

post a comment