Monday, April 17, 2006

Best. Day. (For mail.) Ever.

(Click the images for larger views)
I got TWO packages in the mail this morning! One came all the way from the UK, sent by my lovely SP, Glittrgirl. The other came from the oposite direction, sent by the wonderful Keohinani.

Over there to the left you can see my package from Glittrgirl which included a cute green bag (linen?), two balls of Noro Aurora in color 6, some Earl Grey tea, a bar of delicious soap that I MUST HAVE MORE OF! Ahem, a cute stuffed bunny (Lola has made off with it already) that she knitted, a box of Lindor truffles, A felted pincushion, a blank journal, some english candies, a ball of Curious Yarns sock yarn in Gothic, and a couple of stitch markers! Oh the last few things were in the green purse so I tool a second pic to show those. So many goodies! Oh, and the card says, "Honey, you gotta sin to be saved!" I love it! That's going to get used in a project eventually I think...

As for the box from Keohinani, I knew she was sending me some of her handspun but what I didn't know is that she saw it was my birthday and sent some extra goodies along. First off, she's so dang sweet she sent me a box of presents and she thanked me! I can't wait to get to her incredibly soft handspun. It's going to be the first thing I grab when the birthday knitting for Miss Beans is done. It's bright and soft and I can't wait! Anyway, she also sent along a bit of her handspun that isn't dyed and I may just hit that with some kool-aid, I haven't decided yet. Then there were the extras, 440yards of self striping sock yarn from All Things Heather (jaywalkers?), a little purple journal, some soap from the Body Shop (do I smell?), and a box of some crazy Japanese... candy? I don't know, I didn't open it yet. She calls it a party in a box. I call it my lucky day.

Hooray for me! I feel so special!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Best. Day. (For mail.) Ever."

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (4/17/2006 5:13 PM) : 

yay! don't you just love yarn mail days? :) better than getting bills in the mail.... yuck!
happy knitting! be gentle with the finer handspun; it's kinda delicate in some places...

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (4/17/2006 9:23 PM) : 

Yeah, today was a lucky yarn day for me too! Love your stuff! BTW, Heather's yarn is so soft to knit with! Enjoy!

 

Blogger soapy said ... (4/18/2006 5:40 AM) : 

Great gifties! I have the gothic oclor too.. It's good stuff! Happy birthday! enjoy all the yummy things..

 

Blogger Rain said ... (4/19/2006 3:31 AM) : 

What fabulous packages! I'm not surprised you were pleased.

 

post a comment