Monday, April 24, 2006

The OoS make a classroom appearance

A quick aside about the picture: I searched and searched and couldn't find a pic of Edina for some reason. I know I have several I just can freaking find them. Instead of a recent picture I offer up to you this picture of us at a high school formal. Oddly the nicknames I've chosen to obscure the identities of those therein are mostly actual nicknames from high school. In fact four of them. You can guess if you want.

My good freind Edina*, lover of all things kitchy, decided to do her informative speech in her Speech Class on knitting. This was mostly so she could spend her spring break sitting around my house learning to knit so she can eventually make purses. Edina loves purses. LOVES them. If she were stranded on a desert island and could only have one thing, she'd totally take her purse. At least she'd have about 12 lighters in it... I'm getting off the subject.

Anyway, Edina decided to do her speech on knitting. She's going to discuss a bit of the history, a breif how to, and dispell some common misconceptions. She intends to do all of this while wearing the Overalls of Shame.

She explained to me that in order to punch up a speech she thought others might find dull she needed something to grab their attention so we called up my cousin and got the okay to take the OoS on an outing. This will be video taped. Which brings me to my big question:

Does anyone know how turn a VHS clip into something I can puit on my computer to share with the lot of you? Because this just seems too good to pass up.

*Name has been changed to reflect the true character of the subject.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "The OoS make a classroom appearance"

 

Blogger lkmanitou said ... (4/24/2006 8:07 PM) : 

Yup, there is a way to convert VHS to computer. A video capture card and video editing software like Pinnacle. VHS output goes into the video capture card and the software converts it to a media file. Need a bit of memory and hard drive space if the clip is very lengthy though. Good luck!

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (4/24/2006 8:15 PM) : 

Oh, god. Please. I want to see this. No! I MUST see this.

And I love you too ;)

If you get stuck, my husband can convert it. He's a total dork and has a VCR (and DVD and satellite reciever) hooked up to one of his computers.

 

Blogger Rain said ... (4/25/2006 1:36 AM) : 

This you MUST show to us no matter what.

The OoS are certainly attention grabbing!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (4/25/2006 6:38 AM) : 

Oh thank god there are some technological bloggers out there that can help you with this....dear lord we have to see this!

 

Blogger Karen said ... (4/25/2006 11:47 AM) : 

Oh my gosh, I have to see it. If nothing that the previous commenters have said help, I'll ask hubby. He's got something that converted vhs to video that he put on youtube.com.

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (4/25/2006 1:19 PM) : 

What a friggin' brilliant idea!

 

Blogger DomesticOverlord said ... (4/26/2006 1:27 PM) : 

Is that what you go to school for?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/01/2006 8:30 PM) : 

hey that's me!

for crap's sake, you don't have any more recent pictures of me?

so, hubby, why isn't it done yet?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/01/2006 8:31 PM) : 

hey that's me!

i cannot believe you have no more recent pictures of me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/01/2006 8:33 PM) : 

why did it eat the first one until i posted another and then spit it back out?

so angry. this is why i never comment on people's blogs.

anyways, get a new picture of me.

 

post a comment