Thursday, May 25, 2006

Calling Cthulhu fans

I was goofing around with charts for a fair isle yoked sweater I intend to create and ended up wasting a BUNCH of time on the fair isle chart you see in this post. Yep, it's Cthulhu. Believe it or not this rudimentary chart took some doing. Following the standard rule of not floating a carry for more than five stitches made this endevour very nearly impossible. Finally I got the idea to add some symbol or other from the Lovecraftian universe and came across this one which lent itself well to the chart. The (I think it's the swastika type symbol used to keep the Old Ones away) dot in the center can be done with a bead or french knot. I like it with the lighter colored stripe so that it looks like a more traditional fair isle design but do with it as you wish. Happy minioning! @E

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Calling Cthulhu fans"

 

Blogger aija said ... (5/25/2006 4:32 PM) : 

Very cool!!!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (5/25/2006 5:31 PM) : 

I've wanted to try fair isle for some time now. Thank you for coming up with a pattern I can knit and be happy with!

I am one happy minion indeed. The Cthulhu fair isle sweater will be knit when the stars are right. @E

 

Blogger Rain said ... (5/26/2006 1:49 AM) : 

That's really cool.

 

post a comment