Friday, January 06, 2006

More from the Overalls of Shame

Welcome to my blog pictoral essay of the Overalls of Shame being recieved. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm not great at following directions.


Anticipation.


Initial shock.


Totally baffled.


Still baffled.


Then Aunt Blondie jumped in to try to explain it since she had seen them a couple days before.


Finally she figured it out.






This is Irie reading all the emails I got from everyone who wants to be part of the world tour. She's pretty excited about that, I think.


And here's Irie and I together. See, she still likes me. Though she may be plotting revenge...

Labels: , ,

Comments on "More from the Overalls of Shame"

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (1/06/2006 9:56 AM) : 

absolutely priceless...!!!! and well worth the effort :)

 

Blogger Rain said ... (1/06/2006 10:15 AM) : 

She's smiling? You can see the shame on her face (as should be) when she's wearing them.

The baffled picture says it all!

A great reaction to a great gift.

 

Blogger Jacqui said ... (1/06/2006 10:28 AM) : 

They turned out priceless! She is a good sport, isn't she?

 

Blogger Mel said ... (1/06/2006 10:31 AM) : 

Absolutely priceless! The pictorial is the best part I think. Very nicely done!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (1/06/2006 10:40 AM) : 

Very funny pictorial. She does look rather flummoxed!

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (1/06/2006 10:57 AM) : 

Here's what I imagine the voices in Mary's head said in reaction to the Receiving of the O's (which I believe is a Day of Holy Obligation in some religions):

First the shock, obviously:
"Oh my God, what the hell is this hand-knit nightmare?"

Then, wanting to be polite, since the giver clearly labored countless hours on it:
"Oh, ok, I'm supposed to WEAR this... Uh... thanks."

Then, what kind of gift-giver are you?
"Whatdya mean you've already told strangers around the world that they can wear them? Other people know I now own these?"

DomOver - I am in awe of your genius.

 

Blogger Chris said ... (1/06/2006 12:00 PM) : 

Hee hee hee.

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (1/06/2006 12:19 PM) : 

I feel fulfilled and as if I've experienced some sort of closure now. Thank you.

I can't wait to photograph my husband in these, btw.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (1/06/2006 2:30 PM) : 

What a good sport! I'm laughing. Out loud!

 

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said ... (1/06/2006 3:21 PM) : 

Truly awesome!

 

Blogger Queen Bee said ... (1/06/2006 6:17 PM) : 

Not just any Overalls of Shame.... Daisy Duke Overalls of Shame! I love it. So hilarious.

-LizzyBennet from Knittyboard

 

Blogger Severina said ... (1/08/2006 8:45 AM) : 

The expression on her face, poor thing! You two just made my day!

See, I'm doing the Overalls of Shame Interperative Dance in honor of the occasion. It's a pretty Shameful Dance and I'm hoping I remembered to pull the shades.

 

Blogger Faerynuff said ... (2/06/2006 5:54 AM) : 

hahaha!

 

Blogger Peanutga11ery1 said ... (1/30/2007 4:55 PM) : 

OMG

OMG

::I'm not worthy!::

I think I love you DomOv

(but those are lederhosen, you know... which makes me love them all the more... oh dear...)
~peanutga11ery from knitty

 

post a comment