Monday, March 20, 2006

Stretching it out

Forget it, blogger hates me. Find the pictures HERE and HERE.

Ahem. MAY THE UNHOLY WRATH OF MAUDE BE VISITED UPON WHATEVER INFIDEL IS SUPPOSED TO MAINTAIN BLOGGER PICTURES AND TORMENT HIM/HER UNTIL SUCH TIME AS THEY TURN IT INTO A FUNCTIONING UTILITY! So, ultimately what I'm saying is check back later for pictures.

As mentioned in my last post I finished things. That is, more than one thing. So here's the other thing I finished: a purse. It's my own design (you can probably tell because it's not that great) and if I had it to do over it would be much wider and possibly longer. I think it looks out of balance with the handles. Since I gave it away to someone I barely knew I don't care too much though.

The cable came out of the Viking Knits book I got recently. I do like the cable very much and it was fun. Except that one part where I crossed all the cables the wrong direction and didn't notice until an entire repeat later and actually went back and fixed it. That part wasn't to fun.

Oh! I'm totally excited about this, my mom's freind recently took up knitting after many years of not knitting (how lame am I writing this morning?) but she used to knit. She comes over for little stuff sometimes like advice on how to do certain things or for me to show her something she's forgotten how to do. Anyway, last week she came over because her bind off on a hat was unravelling and I actually helped her fix it! I know that may sound king of stupid but considering that I'm the type of person who throws a small project away when it all goes wrong (and a large project will just get stashed away for YEARS until someone else finds it and throws it away) I thought this was rather a large accomplishment. I have skills! Dear Maude, I may actually be pretty good at this stuff. Okay, that was too far.

P.S. How awesome is my tag?

Comments on "Stretching it out"

 

Blogger Elly said ... (3/20/2006 12:38 PM) : 

Yay for your mad binding off skillz!

:)

What's happening with the story? Did I miss a post?

Peat x

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (3/21/2006 10:47 AM) : 

"Submit to the Knit"? That rocks! What a great bag!

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (3/21/2006 12:39 PM) : 

I love your tag. The bag is awesome, of course, as if it could be anything less! But the tag. Holy shit that's a great tag!

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (3/21/2006 5:15 PM) : 

hehe...happy to enable. can't say i never did anything for ya. ;) just joking. email me your address...eventually i'll get you some handspun to try out. can't let starfish have all the fun. :)

 

Blogger veritas said ... (3/22/2006 12:42 AM) : 

thank the lord blogger is not just hating me at the moment.

((hugs)) and consolations over the camera. if mine wasn't so expensive, i would consider donating it to the DO cause, just so i can follow your adventures. the story of the alien bought me so much joy.... (er. not that you mentioned the camera in this entry. but you know...)

 

Blogger knottygnome said ... (3/23/2006 7:01 AM) : 

that is such a cute bag. my roommate gave me personalized tags for xmas, but i keep forgetting to use them. *pained face* thanks for the reminder.

 

Blogger Rain said ... (3/23/2006 1:30 PM) : 

What do you mean, it's not that good? It's frikkin excellent. I think it looks great.

Now that is a tag! I love it

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (3/28/2006 12:13 PM) : 

I made you yarn from some biffle roving! It's rather fine, and the colors bled a bit when I dunked it in water to set the twist. I decided I'm going to ply it just because the yarn is a little finer than sock weight in some areas. You'll end up with 67 yards. I'll mail it out to you once the ply's been set and the yarn is dry :)
I'll send you some of the plain domestic top I spun up too, and maybe you can dye it up!

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (3/28/2006 12:43 PM) : 

okay, disregard the plying comment. that's good that you requested the yarn as-is; i can get it out to you faster :) i'll be mailing it out before i leave on my trip on wednesday night. woot!

 

post a comment