Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Punkrawker86

My thoughts are with the family of Miss Megan after her rather sudden departure from the land of the living yesterday. She was a very sweet girl with a kind word for everyone and a generous heart.

It's so strange to deal with death in such an abstract way, I've never met Megan in the real world, I don't think I've ever even seen her picture, but I conversed with her at least once a week through the knittyboard and nearly everywhere I look today there are little reminders of her (she sent me a truckload during holiday SP).

I wish her well wherever she's moved on to and I'll think of her whenever I pick up the fabulous bag she made me, watch Incubus, or try in vain to crochet.

What's particularly odd is that I just this morning picked up some of the yarn she sent me to make something for a friend who's dad also died yesterday.

Labels:

Comments on "Punkrawker86"

 

Blogger veritas said ... (3/28/2006 3:47 PM) : 

it's the most surreal feeling when someone you know online passes away. you've interacted with them in this new, strange way that has only been around for, what 10 years or so for most people... and now the gap they leave is a strange, difficult to understand one.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (3/29/2006 6:46 AM) : 

I think what makes it so bad too is that it was sudden. And she was so young.
I didn't know her, but I remember always reading her posts once I realized she was living in my Loveland. My husband would love for us to move back to that area of CO.
It sucks when the impersonal becomes personal through death.

 

post a comment