Monday, October 23, 2006

Never miss a good oppertunity to shut the fuck up.

About a year ago Red Todd Kidd came across that quote and I don't recall who said it. What I do remember was joking that I should have that tattooed on my hand where I could see it since I never seem to know whent to shut my mouth.

I did go get a new tattoo this weekend partly to remind me to SHUT UP but also to remind me that everything is temporary. I need to remember that that bad stuff won't last forever and to pay attention to the good stuff when it does come my way.

The place where I got this is awesome, Studio City Tattoo, it's pirate themed and SO clean. It's a really amazing place. Since it was pretty simple, I was in and out of there in about 45 minutes and most of that was chatting with the artist about what I wanted. He did a fantastic job and I'll be sure to post a better picture once it's healed and not so puffy.

We went up to visit Kaylee and The Single Letter this weekend and the four of us took the kids to go see The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D at the El Capitan in Hollywood. The theater is amazing and the kids had a good time. It was neat to finally see Nightmare on the big screen since I didn't see it when it came out. Sadly the 3-D gave me a headache so I actually had to close my eyes through the middle but my favorite part is the opening so I didn't mind.

I did a bit of knitting in the car on the way up but I was way to stressed to stick with it for long. The trip up was traffic ridden and Lola Beans was Upset. Besides, what I really needed to work on was Darth's socks and I cannot do DPNs in the car. I'm afraid I'll lose an eye if the airbag deploys. Seriously, I can so clearly see it in my mind's eye that... I can't even talk about it anymore, suffice to say I don't use DPNs in the car. I have a whole lot of sock to knit before Darth's birthday party on Saturday. Oh Second Sock Syndrome, why must you plague me?

I have been knitting up some Christmas presents but those are under wraps for now. I'll just say it's a bandwagon project that I picked up supplies for while Michael's was having it's yarn sale.

Labels:

Comments on "Never miss a good oppertunity to shut the fuck up."

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (10/23/2006 11:28 AM) : 

Nice tattoo. Permanence to remind one of the temporary. I like that.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (10/23/2006 4:40 PM) : 

I like what that tatoo reminds you of..and of course, the tatoo! Red :)

 

Blogger Batty said ... (10/23/2006 7:36 PM) : 

Very pretty. Very meaningful.
In a very ouchy place.
You are brave.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/23/2006 11:57 PM) : 

Gee, you were in my end of town! sorry I missed you!

-- Audrey S. from Knittyboard

 

Blogger Rain said ... (10/24/2006 7:55 AM) : 

That's really pretty, I like what it stands for.

I can't imagine you not speaking your mind, it just wouldn't be right.

I never really thought about DPNs and airbags before now. Oh my eyes!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (10/24/2006 9:55 AM) : 

Heheheheheheheheh Gotta love bandwagons.

Love the tattoo! He did a great job on the colors.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (10/24/2006 11:53 AM) : 

Love the tatoo.. but now I'll never be able to use double points in the front seat again :P

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (10/24/2006 3:05 PM) : 

I love the tattoo. I've been wanting to get one but, I need to find something that means something to me and that I won't regret in 5 years. The nightmare before xmas is one of my sister's fav movies. Did you know that a bunch of bands remade the soundtrack? The CD came out today. I'm gonna get it for my sis. :)

 

Blogger Bad Amy said ... (10/25/2006 11:04 AM) : 

I need to send you Bryspun DPNs - they're flexible plastic and far less lethal. If the airbag deploys, the worst they'll do is maybe poke you in the eye - but they won't stab all the way to your brain. ;)

 

Blogger darlene mcleod said ... (10/25/2006 3:34 PM) : 

The tattoo is darling! And I really do love the irony (has a very "eastern" vibe, permanence signifying impermanence, a temporary pain contributing to a permanent peace).
Lovely!

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (10/26/2006 5:09 PM) : 

unlike on the mainland, coaching is not considered a full-time position. the head football coach of the high school i coach for makes about 3K for the season. he also happens to be employed by the school. i don't know how much the program director for wrestling makes, but it's not much. as an assistant coach, i get about $150 for the season if i'm lucky. most people have full-time jobs and do coaching on the side.
believe me, if coaching paid as much as my current job, i'd do that as a career in a heartbeat.

 

Blogger Charles said ... (10/27/2006 2:19 AM) : 

I couldn't not finf your email so ...

Hey~~ Hi!!!
This is Charles!!!
Iam having new knit exchange..just wanna share with you!!!! "Warm Winter Exchange"
I made a all the info about the "Warm Winter Exchange"

Visit my blog: http://charleslifeknitting.blogspot.com/

It will be really fun!!! Sign up!!!

Thanks,
Charles

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/12/2006 7:03 AM) : 

That is a very nice tattoo, and placed very attractivly.
Mine on my left arm, go kind of all over and up my arm..so there is no place to add something without messing up the theme and design.
But I feel inspired to do something on the right arm now...which just has a band on the forearm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/12/2006 2:58 PM) : 

nice new tat!

 

post a comment