Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Cashmere, Alpaca, and Cookies.

The first paragraph shall be called "Link Overkill":

Two balls of Panache and two of Andean Treasure, both in Moss. In real life the colors are a bit closer which is good since they're going into the same project: Elizabeth by Kate Gilbert. Erika's Christmas present. I can't wait to start working with this beautiful stuff, though in retrospect I wish I'd ordered Suri Dream instead of one of them. I think it would have worked better with the pattern. Alas, that's not to be. Well, maybe I kinda want to order some Suri Dream anyway for another project but if I do that Red Todd Kidd might just kill me in my sleep. Probably by suffocating me with the yarn. Which may not be a bad way to go if it's Suri Dream...

Anyway, as you can see I also got some wool wash that comes very highly recommended. I'm excited about it. Being excited by a laundry product is a little scary but I'll work through it. Anyway, I mostly bought it to wash Wavy with before it goes to RTK's grandma. I'd like to see if the yarn blooms and softens a bit plus I want to make sure it's clean and nice not to mention free of excess dyes. I don't think I'll block it though because I have a feeling Wavy won't want to be blocked. It's a "don't pin me down!" type of scarf.

I like getting stuff in the mail.

Uh... So... I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies last night. What a mistake! They're SO GOOD. I think I weigh 20 extra lbs today. Want the recipe? No, you really don't because then you'll weigh 20 more lbs tomorrow. Oh okay here it is (you see when I go in the kitchen for the recipe I can get another cookie):

Super Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
by Firefighter Mariano Elias Jr. (this came off a fireman calendar)

1/2 C Peanut Butter 3/4 C Butter (softened)
1/2 C Brown Sugar 1/2 C Sugar
1 Egg 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 1/4 C Flour 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt 1/2 C Chocolate Chips

Beat P. Butter, Butter, Sugars, Egg, and Vanilla together until well blended. Stir together dry ingredients. Stir dry ingredients slowly into butter mixture until well mixed. Fold in Chocolate Chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheet (preferably parchment lined but it's okay not to use it) approx. 2" apart. Bake 12-15 minutes at 375F, then allow to cool for 2 min before removing to baking rack. Makes 3 dozen.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Cashmere, Alpaca, and Cookies."

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (11/30/2005 2:48 PM) : 

woo hoo! a cookie recipe! let's hope i don't eat all the chocolate and cookie dough before i bake the darn thing...
somebody's got a suri dream complex, apparently. *ahem* not going to name names ;P

WVWOTD: magiio
magiio is the secret super mario character who is considered a mentor in spiritual and philosophical topics and renowned for profound wisdom, unlike his action-oriented relatives mario and luigi. this character can be unlocked by obtaining perfect scores on all super mario games ever invented; you are to beat the games without suffering damage by enemies, defeating all levels, obtaining all magical objects, and unlocking all secret and hidden worlds. wearing blue overalls and growing a mustache also helps.

 

Blogger Karen said ... (11/30/2005 5:51 PM) : 

I'm knitting a scarf for my Sweetpea in Panache Moss - you will love love love it. It's SO SOFT!!!

Another good WVW0TD: gogfdfbt

Good, Or Great, FooD . . . Fat ButT

Yup, that's me after reading the cookie recipe!!

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (11/30/2005 6:58 PM) : 

Cookies.

Fireman cookies at that.

Evil whore.

 

post a comment