Monday, November 21, 2005

A bit cheerier, perhaps.

Yeah, some good stuff happened. My (large extended) family isn't drawing names for a Christmas gift exchange this year. That really helps us out considering how broke we are. One of my cousins, Hawkeye, was sorely disapointed about it so we've decided to do a mini Secret Santa between the girl cousins. There are only five of us so I'm not sure how secret it will be. The rules are (because we're all broke): 1) You have to make your gift. 2) You have to use either things you already have or spend no more than $10. You know what this means don't you, oh faithful 3 readers or so? Overalls of Shame. The time has come. It has been ordained.

Other good stuff that happened this weekend:
-Went out with friends on Saturday night (best part was when we got lost). All in all it was probably one of the worst night out ever but since it was still out, I'm not going to complain (much).
-Saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. We even got a 15 minute intermission when the power went out. Delightful. But the movie was good, I got to see some good close ups to the scarf (I'd alter the pattern if I ever had to make another), and again I was out of the house.

But the best thing that happened this weekend was I got a package frommy Hoilday Secret Pal! She seems to know me well. It included: Three hanks of 100% Alpaca in green, grey, and black. A hank of some orange sparkley yarn (wool, silk, alpaca, sparkle blend) already earmarked for an Ipod cozy for my sister who will love and cherish any orange sparkly object. The movie Incubus, starring a pre-Star Trek William Shatner and filmed in Esperanto, it's a horror movie. I can't wait to watch it, I don't even know where she found this thing. I'm sure it's going to be AWESOMELY bad. It was mentioned briefly in a bad movie thread on knitty and I said I'd love to get my hands on it, that's some good detective work, SP! She also sent me s Crocheting for Dummies and some crochet hooks so I can (hopefully) finally learn to crochet. I got a three pound bag of plain M&Ms, one of my favorite candies (must have cost a fortune to mail!). A Lantern Moon sheep tape measure which my son has named "Chompy, like the goat," I have no idea what he's talking about but it's cute anyway. She sent me Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac, which as much as I've read has been informative and amusing. Oh and a mixed CD that is spookily well made, I like all the songs. Lastly and not in the picture was a box of Hershey's Goodnight Kiss Hot chocolate mix, I don't know if she knows I boycott Nestle to the best of my ability or not but I though it was awesome that she found some non-Neslte hot chocolate! I usually have to hunt pretty hard or buy gourmet (Godiva is awesome, Ghriardelli not quite so good, Land-o-Lakes is good but don't mix it with milk, only water). And that, friends was my sweet, sweet Holiday SP haul.

Hard to be bitchy with all that great stuff starin' at me. Okay, I'm off to finish Wavy so I can start on the Overalls of Shame. I have vowed to finish Wavy first. My sister has kindly agreed to let me put off the Harry Potter scarf until all my Christmas knitting is done, I think because she wants to see those overalls just as badly as you all do.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the card my SP sent with the monkey on it. On the outside it says: "Know what day it is?" and inside it says: "Neither do I." In case anyone was wondering.

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on "A bit cheerier, perhaps."

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (11/21/2005 11:46 AM) : 

dang, woman, you scored! props to your SP! quite a detective, that person is. good stuff, good stuff.
i am living off of halloween m&m's. life is good.
there's a variety of hot chocolate that's served in borders cafe's. i'm not sure if they're all the same, but the one i had was basically a gourmet chocolate bar ground finely and mixed with steamed milk. can you say "HEAVEN"!?!?!
peppermint hot chocolate from williams sonoma is pretty good, too.
thanks for all the comments, btw. :)
omg, wasn't the harry potter movie awesome!!? i didn't care for cho, though. i thought the introduction of the whole love interest thing didn't quite flow with the story. kinda like she just got stuck in there, you know? or maybe it's just because her face reminded me of my older brother's gf, who i really don't care for.
can't wait to see the overalls of shame!

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (11/22/2005 10:53 AM) : 

Whoo hoo, aren't great SPs the..well, greatest?

 

Blogger Rain said ... (11/23/2005 1:31 AM) : 

I cried laughing when I saw you were doing the Overalls of Shame, that made my week. Can't wait to see them done.

Huge thank you for putting my button on your blog!

 

post a comment