Monday, November 07, 2005

Novel? What novel? Quick look over there!

Soooooooooo. If you'd like to know how I'm doing on my novel the answer is poorly. I haven't worked on it at all since day two. I haven't been knitting either. I think that my brain is forcing me away from anything that I love and am trying to kill because I've attached a deadline to it. Come December 1st I'll have a hundred great novel ideas and December 26th I'll be an unstoppable knitting deamon but for right now I'm slacking off.

I haven't been entirely unproductive. I went to the duty free this weekend for cheap booze. I ran through a couple of Spanish lessons on my brand new Rosetta Stone software. I haven't learned anything useful yet but if a guy falls off a horse anywhere I can sure as hell tell you about it. Wait I think I just forgot how to say fall(ing). Crap. No wait I remember, it's ball I can never remember.

You know what's really great? On Lesson 1 on the Arabic Rosetta Stone thing they have you learning the name of an animal that you can't really see the head of in the picture. It might be a goat, I don't know. So you spend all this time and effort trying to figure out how to say and correctly choose this animal that you can't really see. Okay maybe it's not really great but it is funny.

Anyway, Rosetta Stone seems to be a really great (and this time I don't mean funny I actually mean really great) program. If you get a chance to try it out you should. They have a free online demo on their website.

Okay time to go, I have to help my brother make a wombat.

Comments on "Novel? What novel? Quick look over there!"

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (11/07/2005 4:41 PM) : 

blogger must be wonky...you posted twice.
wow, i can't imagine writing a novel; my writing skills are terrible. they went downhill since i graduated. :(
i know what you mean about not wanting to do stuff you love because you have a deadline to make. a little at a time, one day at a time, though. can't get all your christmas knitting done in a day...
hah, i should talk. i haven't made nary a sock for any of the people on my list. or they're single socks that i can't really make the mates for because i either lost the pattern or forgot what needles i used. quite a dilemma i'm having over here.
anyways, good luck to you on all that.
all i remember how to say in spanish are stupid stuff like "puedes lavar los platos por favor" = please wash the plates. i worked for a food service in college and i had to remember to say that when we ran out of plates. blah. that lasted about a month.

 

post a comment