Thursday, November 10, 2005

Revived

My knitting zest has returned; any day now a package will arrive with the final components required for The Overalls of Shame. I have the pattern. I have the Glitterspun. I have almost allof the Magic Stripes. All I'm waiting on is a little package from Seven with the rest of the Magic Stripes and I'm good to go. It'd be nice to add some Fun Fur to the thigh area but I can live without it.

Oh, the atrocity of it all. [cue evil laugh]

I've been cheerfully knitting away on my sister's Harry Potter PoA scarf in my anticipation. Aside from a minor rant about the cheap-ass quality of the cheap-ass yarn I'm using it's been smooth sailing. I've made it through a whopping two pattern repeats! Hey, cut me some slack, the thing is 90 stitches in the round on size 8s it takes awhile to get through the 38 rounds in one pattern repeat, at least there's no purling. If you were calculating in your head it all comes out to 53,210 stitches not including the three needle bind off on both ends. The of course there will be the fringe. Can you tell that this isn't my favorite project?

All in all I'm in a better mood today. But can it last? [cue music: dum DUM DUUUUM!]

Labels: ,

Comments on "Revived"

 

Blogger Heather said ... (11/11/2005 11:52 AM) : 

The fun fur will be on its way next week, I promise! I keep forgetting to dig it out of my closet. It really is hideous, too. Sort of purple/yellow blend. And to think...when I bought it, I was actually thinking of making something with it. :o

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (11/13/2005 7:17 AM) : 

I can not WAIT for the overalls of shame to make their appearance here!

And that Potter scarf. Well, if it were me and I were knitting that on size 8s I'd probably have shoved it so far up the recipient's ass by now they'd be tasting cheap yarn for a loooooong time.

 

post a comment