Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving+Craft Faire+FO=Happy

The 3lbs of M&Ms my SP sent are gone. Can you believe that? I think my brother ate most of them. I put a pretty good dent in 'em but I think he ate most of them. But on to business.

Thanksgiving weekend was nice. Red Todd Kidd was off from school the whole weekend and got off work early on Friday so we got to see him. Yipee! We did your normal family stuff Thanksgiving day and just kinda hung around the rest of the weekend. We went to a craft faire on Saturday where I got a little Christmas shopping done and we discovered that Chickie Mama doesn't care much for country music. Evidence to the left. Friday afternoon we got a visit from some relative that live in LA and they brought presents for the kids. The little scarf In the pic was one of the gifts. It's really cute, beaded knitting. There's a little hat crocheted to match. Oh I'll just post another pic. Hang on. Okay there. It was the first one you saw.

I also discovered that some people will make anything out of anything and try to sell it to you for ungodly amounts of money. Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff was awesome like the stepstool/ironingboard/chair for $150 but there were also some pretty awful things like the tie-dye booth. I also came across this Christmas stocking made of cow hide. I can't decide whether it's awesome or awful. I'm leaning toward awesome but the woman wanted $55 for it, $65 if you wanted your name on it. I guess it's better than the loofah encased in soap but at least that I could afford. There was woman there selling these beautiful king size quilts with shams for $295. Can you believe that? These were fairly intricate quilts and yes, they were done on a sewing macine but still, that's less than you'd pay in a department store for a "quilt" that was mass produced.

Gratuitous photo of my kid with a sheep:

In knitting news I finally completed Wavy and have started the Overalls of Shame. Yes, that's right, I'm working on them. They will be completed before Christmas. I've done a provisional cast on, as suggested by one of you, so that I can go back and add Fun Fur cuffs when the fur arrives. I've got to say the Magic Stripes is awful. I really don't like this colorway. I guess I'm just not the type of perdon who needs a denim/white/red/baby blue/brown self striping yarn. Silly me. Anyway, about Wavy: It was done with Paton's Merino courtesy of Zknitter. I decided to add a fringe to the ends but beaded it so it'd be a little different. I'm really hoping that the recipiant likes it (my dh's grandmother).

Labels:

Comments on "Thanksgiving+Craft Faire+FO=Happy"

 

Blogger weaselrina said ... (11/28/2005 11:59 AM) : 

I love wavy!!!
and i really like your fringed ends!

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (11/28/2005 12:59 PM) : 

great scarf! i like the fringe :) i may just give this one another go...you gave me hope! Chickie Mama is so cute. she makes a great knitwear model. ;)
ooh, ooh! i have to tell you about this time i went to a shop in new orleans! my mom asked to look at a rhinestone covered top. the price tag said it was for $58. i told her that she should make sure they're studded not glued on so the rhinestones don't come off in the wash. it's also better quality. so anyway, she asks the saleswoman "are these glued on?" and the woman said "no, they aren't." my mom flipped the shirt inside-out, and lo and behold! no studs. they were glued on, and by closer inspection, not very well. not even $58 worth. my mom went "hmph! no thank you!" and we walked out of the store. the nerve of some people! at least be honest, you know?!
my mom later told me, "it's a good thing you said something! i was almost going to buy it!"

 

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said ... (11/28/2005 6:21 PM) : 

Super dreamy, DO!!! Your fringe is great! How did you do that? Very pretty...sweet chickadees too.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (11/28/2005 8:37 PM) : 

WooHoo!It looks great! So glad you had enough yarn...ESP??? hehe! The fringe adds soo much to it, really nice...how long did ya make the fringe before you added the beads?
Awesome!! Z

 

Blogger Rain said ... (11/29/2005 2:27 AM) : 

Wavy looks great, the fringe looks really effective.

Can't wait to see The Overalls of Shame.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (11/29/2005 7:21 PM) : 

I love that project.. was it easy? I haven't tried it yet.

 

post a comment