Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Voodoo Doll injury and Robert Plant's trousers.

I seem to have knit myself out of commission. The last two fingers of my right hand cramp up every time I try to work on my project. Either the fine gauge and dense knit fabric have played havoc with my digits or the bad juju of Bad Juju is upon me. I'm leaning toward the latter since the last thing I did was accidentally put a leg where an arm should be. Maybe I'm careless, maybe I'm cursed, it doesn't really matter the end result is the same.

As you may recall, or if you use those tag things and actually go back and read old posts, I had said I'd never knit Bad Juju again. You see, the thing is, I'm lazy. Even though this pattern isn't really the best and even though it has a lot of stuff I'd rather do another way, I really don't feel like trying to alter or rewrite it. So, I'm knitting it again (and again) even though I don't like it because I am seemingly under its spell. I really hope this doesn't lead to a life of knitting voodoo dolls and then possible raising of zombies that will ultimately destroy me and take over the earth. That would suck but Zanti and OLPP might worship me. Although I'm pretty sure Holly Bee would come kill me. But it's cool if she did, I'd totally have it coming. Seriously.

So to pass the time I'm listening to copious amounts of Led Zeppelin (a little aside, PennyKarma sent me a version of Stairway to Heaven done by Dolly Parton that is really outstanding, truly it boggles the mind) and working on a story. And occasionally going over to You Tube and watching Robert Plant wander around on stage with his shirt open. Is it hot in here? I don't even like blondes. What a shame I missed the 70's. Oh, how I would have followed that band around like Vic from Almost Famous. Did I have a point because I seem to have lost it down Robert Plant's trousers.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Voodoo Doll injury and Robert Plant's trousers."

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (10/03/2007 8:46 PM) : 

I was going to try to say something clever about the voodoo that you do so well but I can't think of anything...

 

Blogger Mag said ... (10/04/2007 8:38 AM) : 

Dolly does Plant?

OK, well, who didn't? ;-)

 

Blogger Holly Bee said ... (10/04/2007 4:37 PM) : 

I wouldn't kill you if you started a zombie uprising, I would so hand you a shovel and say "dig in."

By the way, did you say Robert Plant? I can know longer think or walk straight. Dead sexy he is. Zombie or no, Robert Plant is a Golden God in my book.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/04/2007 8:27 PM) : 

I would join your zombie uprising. I totally would.

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (10/14/2007 7:44 PM) : 

Dolly's version of STH is almost as good as The White Stripes version of Jolene.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/26/2008 11:22 PM) : 

Good Job! :)

 

post a comment