Thursday, June 21, 2007

Today is a musical day. A crappy musical.

I've had songs in my head all day today. Early this morning I was assaulted by Kansas as I checked out a friend's MySpace page. Carry on My Wayward Son was the song of the morning until it was replaced by Punkrocker by the Teddybears on my trip to pick up Darth from school. Just now an ad (for this website) on the side of some webpage caught my eye and suddenly, though no audible music was about, 2 Live Crew filled my ears with their ode to Hoochie Mamas the world over.

It's going to be days before the jumble in my brain stops going "Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man. Though my mind could think I still was a mad man. I hear the voices when I'm dreaming, I can hear them saaaaaaaaay: She ain't nothin' but a hoochie mama! Hoodrat, hoodrat, hoochie mama! 'Cause I'm a punk rocker yes I am. Well, I'm a punk rocker yes I am..." Because I don't just get songs stuck in my head, they go in there and it's like a blender where they get sampled and compiled and turned into a crazy mishmash of crap that doesn't even make sense to me.

This hasn't been the best of days anyway. RTK and I were fighting but are now resolved. My shoes came via Fed Ex but didn't fit. I can't find my sunglasses. Nothing is really tragic but all together it's pretty annoying. Oh crap! I just realized I never got the meat out of the freezer to defrost! My house is messy and I really don't feel like cleaning it. My kids are whiny. I'm whiny. Hey at leat I've got some beer in the fridge. No wait, that's root beer. I just can't win.

If tomorrow isn't any better I'm totally punching it in the face.

*If you google (image search) the terms Hood Rat and Hoochie Mama you actually come up with a couple of knit blog posts. I cracked up. Here's Hood Rat and here's Hoochie Mama.

Labels:

Comments on "Today is a musical day. A crappy musical."

 

Blogger Mag said ... (6/22/2007 8:03 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Mag said ... (6/22/2007 8:05 AM) : 

that was me who deleted

Any day with Kansas playing in your brain, is a bad bad day. ;-)

Play and SING some music you love today. That'll get it in your brain and push out the crap.

Why do people put music on their pages? It's freaky to me, but then I am deaf in the online world as I always have my speakers off. I only turn them on as needed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/22/2007 9:02 AM) : 

Is this the real life?
Is this just Fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

 

Blogger Batty said ... (6/22/2007 1:19 PM) : 

Another one for always having my speakers off. Ever since I ended up with the Chicken Dance in my head one day.

 

post a comment