Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Chaos+Handbag=Aventure

Why the hell would anyone want to see what's in my bag? I'm just glad you caught me on a day when I didn't have a half eaten food product or something in it. As you can plainly see from the photo, I have chaos in my bag. I never know what's in it or what I've forgotten. I dumped all that crap on the floor, took a picture and then scooped it all back in. The only difference between what's in it at this moment and when I took the picture is that I realized my sunglasses were missing and put them back in the bag.

That's right, I didn't take the opportunity to put away that pattern and/or the stitch markers. I didn't throw out those receipts. I didn't even throw away that trash that's clearly labeled, "trash" in the photo. That's because I don't care. It's also because the only surprises that I get on most days are what I do or do not find in that bag. It's like a jungle expedition but slightly more and less dangerous. The suspense of it! Will enough digging yield the hair tie I desperately need so I can roll down the car window without my hair whipping perilously in my face? Is there a lollipop to bribe the dreaded Lola Monster with so the trip to the laundromat will not bring her demise by throttling? Did I actually remember my wallet now that I have this cart full of groceries? Holy crap! That guy has the world's lamest vanity plate! Where's my camera? Adventure, my friends. Adventure.

Edit 10:44am: I found a half eaten waffle in there. Figures.

Labels:

Comments on "Chaos+Handbag=Aventure"

 

Blogger Rebel said ... (9/25/2007 9:34 AM) : 

Your purse is awesome! I never have a hair tie when I need one!

 

Blogger Mag said ... (9/25/2007 9:37 AM) : 

Well, it's a veritable bag of magic beans then! Much funner than mine, as I know what's in there, the same things that were in there yesterday, last month last year.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/25/2007 1:35 PM) : 

You're right, that totally makes me feel better.

:D Seriously though! What if you are accosted by trash loving zombies? The stuff in your bag may be the only thing that saves you. And the half eaten waffle will get you through at least two hours of being stuck in a blizzard.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (9/25/2007 1:41 PM) : 

It's rain or drought in my purse--either I have 12 hair bands or none. I usually have none when my hair is dirty and I really, really want it off my face.

Cleaning out my purse and wallet is saved for when I'm really bored--like stuck in an airport.

 

Blogger BMT said ... (9/25/2007 1:52 PM) : 

See, there's all kinds of stuff that would have been in my purse if I hadn't snapped and cleaned it last week. Like hair ties, an ancient tootsie roll, headless animal cookies, an emergency disposable that I tore the tab off of, about six times as many pieces of paper...
and a small knitting project. :)

So, yea. I think my purse was disappointingly clean and neat.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (9/25/2007 2:38 PM) : 

Hehe.. I likey your purse innards..especially the waffle! Yum! Me important with keys..ha!! more like 1/2 I have absolutely no clue where they go to..hey..why are they still there then???? ;)

 

Blogger lisa said ... (9/25/2007 2:47 PM) : 

if you were really trying to impress me, you'd have a little tub of syrup, too.

seriously, a waffle??

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (9/25/2007 4:32 PM) : 

Well at least there wasn't syrup on the waffle right???

 

Blogger Holly said ... (9/25/2007 8:07 PM) : 

I'm glad that I'm finding someone with a purse that sort of resembles mine (although I think I've got more junk than you). All of these neat, organized people who discard receipts and stuff were freaking me out a little!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (9/26/2007 6:11 AM) : 

Readers complained that my bag was too neat... but (ahem) my bag normally looks more like this...

 

Blogger Bad Amy said ... (9/26/2007 8:47 AM) : 

Leggo my Eggo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/26/2007 9:44 AM) : 

Waffle! You're the youngest person I know to carry Tums. And I suck so much, I didn't have a single knitting-related item in my purse.

I just had a root canal, so I'm going to go suck down some Vicodin and watch trash tv.

 

Blogger Eryn said ... (9/26/2007 7:18 PM) : 

I still haven't thrown away that grocery list, and I think it was from August.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/27/2007 6:35 AM) : 

OMG, I remembered. Don't ask me how or why, it's a rare thing, let's just leave it at that. I've missed you. I'm blogging again and reading blogs again. Yay! I lost all my blog links so I'm slowly re-amassing (is that a word? it is now) them. Yours, though, yours was special enough to warrant that I remember, or maybe I had just the exact right amount of coffee to jump start that seldom-used and oft-abused part of my brain.

 

Blogger Soo said ... (9/27/2007 8:18 AM) : 

I'm loving this 'show your handbag' thing! I am amazed at how much stuff people can carry around -- although, in an emergency the sheer variety of stuff in your handbag would be more useful (McGyver style) than any other I've seen!

 

post a comment