Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Yes, we have no bananas.

The conversation I just witnessed, to preface, Lola wanted a banana for breakfast and was told they were all gone.

Darth: I'm gonna tell you a joke Lola, okay?
Lola: Okay.
Darth: Knock-knock.
Lola: Who's there?
Darth: Banana.
Lola: No Darth, bananas all gone!
Darth: No, you say, "Banana who?"
Lola: Okay.
Darth: Knock-knock.
Lola: Who's there?
Darth: Banana.
Lola: Banana who?
Darth: Knock-knock.
Lola: Who's there?
Darth: Banana.
Lola: No! Bananas all gone!

I can't wait until they learn "Who's on First".

So anyway, things are chugging along here. I finished the dishcloths, the scarf, and my mom's necklace badge holder thingy. All that's left is the last half of SIL's second glove and a cup warmer for her boyfriend. I am so close. I wonder what disaster lurks just ahead to confound and destroy me. A plague of moths, perhaps? Our state breaking off the continent and drifting away into the Pacific? The zombie uprising I've been dreading for so long? I can't say what it will be but I know it's coming. It lurks outside my view in wait of the time when I cast off that last project to smite me. I know it.

Ahem.

In other news:

I bought Mason-Dixon Knitting and returned it. I love it, I can't recommend it enough. I just needed that $30 more. I'll buy it when I have a 40% off coupon for Michael's. I don't know why but for the last couple years I've been compelled to make rugs. I haven't given in just yet but Mason-Dixon makes me really want to give in. Really.

I'm rushing through the last of the holiday knitting so I can attempt my first crochet project. A little purse in One Skein. The rectangle one for those who have the book. I don't know why I'm so in love with it but I actually bought a hook. I promise I won't go over to the dark side, you all know how much I hate to crochet.

Lastly, I realize that there are only 14 dishcloths on the tree. That's because I already gave my mom hers.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Comments on "Yes, we have no bananas."

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (12/05/2006 9:51 AM) : 

I want to hang out with you and your kids SO BAD.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (12/05/2006 10:46 AM) : 

Ha ha, I think I tried that joke on one of Penny's boys except using a different piece of produce.

Dude, it looks like your sink vomited on your tree. I love it!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (12/05/2006 11:23 AM) : 

Yay! Congrats on the cavalcade of dishcloths!

 

Blogger Rain said ... (12/05/2006 3:38 PM) : 

He he, you're gonna be a hooker!

What a fab way to display the dishcloths - how organised are you!

Your kids are the sweetest things.

 

Blogger Brittany said ... (12/06/2006 1:07 AM) : 

I love that knock knock joke. So cheesy! :P

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (12/06/2006 7:03 PM) : 

Ilove your washcloth tree!!

Lola & my 70-yr old mother would have fabulous conversations together.

 

post a comment