Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Class photos and global warming.

(Click the pics for larger views if you feel like it)

Looking out the window at the gloomy, brisk November day I can't help but think, IT'S 86 FUCKING DEGREES OUTSIDE, WTF!? Seriously, I'd really rather be at the beach today, it's blindingly hot and by noon it should be at least three degrees hotter. I wouldn't be surprised if it hit 90. In November. If there's anyone left who doesn't believe in global warming I'd like to invite them to sit in the cool coastal breeze here. Nearly 90 in November. Bah!

I've completed another dishcloth and am onto the sixth, progress! I need to also do a pair of gloves for my SIL but since I can't find a decent pattern I might just make her a teacup cozy. Though, I can't seem to find a pattern for that either. I put it to the knitties to find me a teacup cozy pattern and they have, hooray! Also my MIL informed me that that would be a good gift for my FIL too. I have the perfect handspun for the two of them, keohinani sent me her very first handspun and there should be enough for two tea cup cozies, plus then they'll be extra special. I love it when things go my way!

Darth's very first school pictures came in today. They're hilarious. In his individual portrait it looks as though the photographer said, "Smile or I'll kill your your family." In the class photo he's been put dead center, as though he wouldn't stand out enough otherwise. His two best buds are the kid grimacing and looking down in the front row and the kid behind him in the red shirt.

I was going to post my first class photo but sadly, I can't seem to find it. I know it still exists but whether it's in my storage or in the disaster of a cabinet that Mom keeps her photos in, I don't know.

Labels:

Comments on "Class photos and global warming."

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (11/07/2006 1:23 PM) : 

Oh I believe in global warming! I'm right there with you. It's supposed to be 90 degrees here tomorrow too. Can a sistah get a nice 50-60 degree day at the very least?

Cute pictures! He still smiles waaaay better than my monkey.

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (11/07/2006 1:25 PM) : 

What a cute photo! Mine never turned out that cute.

 

Blogger knottygnome said ... (11/08/2006 6:57 AM) : 

86 degrees? that's insane. and i thought it was crazy warm here b/c the high is 54 today.

btw, i love your ballband dishcloths. they really make the best knitted gifts. kinda makes me want to whip out the sugar n cream again.

 

Blogger Rain said ... (11/09/2006 3:56 AM) : 

Aw, but he's such a cutie.

86? EIGHTY SIX! It's about 40 here and that's been the warmest for days.

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (11/09/2006 3:32 PM) : 

What's up with little Eddie Munster in the front row?

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (11/11/2006 9:37 AM) : 

Has it cooled down yet? I'd be so cranky if it was 86 up here my way.

You son is so cute, I can't stand it. That photo/smile is priceless

 

Blogger veritas said ... (11/12/2006 4:46 AM) : 

arg heat. yah yah, it's still spring here and it feels like the middle of summer.

the overlad is very cute.

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (11/13/2006 4:41 PM) : 

Ah yes, I feel ya on the global warming. I don't understand how or WHY people deny it! I am feeling the effects here in S.Florida. Heat, Humidity, and Hurricanes! Soon, I'll be under water and you will be an island. Maybe I can float over and hang out!

 

post a comment