Thursday, August 03, 2006

Today I crocheted.

Successfully, for the first time.

Also Yorkie is a Honda, I am not:

I'm a Lamborghini Murcielago!



You're not subtle, but you don't want to be. Fast, loud, and dramatic, you want people to notice you, and then get out of the way. In a world full of sheep, you're a raging bull.

Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.



Oh and life kinda blows around here lately. Though we have been having fabulous dinners. I've made these incredible pork chops in a burbon mushroom sauce, to die for. Tomorrow we're having flank steaks in a different burbon sauce. Come to think of it we also had some other burbon dish recently and this weekend I'm making coq au vin. Am I going through a cook book or the Boston Bartender's Guide?

Labels: ,

Comments on "Today I crocheted."

 

Blogger Rain said ... (8/04/2006 3:15 AM) : 

Oooh crochet - do we get to see?

Maybe you need less pouring control when it comes to making dinner, that might make things look up ;) It all sounds yummy. Actually I'm lying, I hate mushrooms, what on earth possesses you to eat fungus? I bet you eat green things too. Mental, mental I tell you (or maybe that's me).

Seriously, hope life starts treating you better.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (8/04/2006 7:16 AM) : 

Ha ha, you're a perfect lamborghini!

Don't worry, I love eating fungus. Fun trivia--did you know that a mushroom is actually the sexual organ of the fungus? The microrizae (I spelled that wrong) live underground and only push up a mushroom when it's favorable to reproduce.

Hang in there, as long as you're not drinking the bourbon straight up for dinner, things could be worse. ;-)

 

Blogger DomesticOverlord said ... (8/04/2006 8:49 AM) : 

Rain I can assure you that I eat far less green things than is reccomened. Mushrooms are a new thing for me, RTK loves them and I'm trying to learn to like them.

Hee-hee, Bezzie talked about mushroom sex.

 

Blogger wonky said ... (8/04/2006 9:35 AM) : 

I would have guessed you were a cherry red lamborgini.

Your dinners sound grand! I'm making plans to come by to eat...

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (8/04/2006 10:43 AM) : 

oh you LUSH! ahahaha!

show us the crochet!
and fun stuff to make you smile :)

A woman was leaving a convenience store with her morning coffee when she noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery.
A long black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50 feet behind the first one. Behind the second hearse was a solitary woman walking a pit bull on a leash. Behind her, a short distance back, were about 200 women walking single file.
The woman was so curious that she respectfully approached the woman walking the dog and said, "I am so sorry for your loss, and I know now is a bad time to disturb you, but I have never seen a funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?"
"My husband's."
"What happened to him?"
The woman replied, "My dog attacked and killed him."
She inquired further, "Well, who is in the second hearse?"
The woman answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my husband when the dog turned on her."
A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passed between the two women.
"Can I borrow the dog?"
"Get in line."

A Woman's Prayer:
Dear Lord,
I pray for:
Wisdom, To understand a man.
Love, To forgive him and;
Patience, For his moods.
Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength
I'll just beat him to death.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (8/04/2006 11:20 PM) : 

hmmm,
I'm a Porsche 911 so I don't think I can catch up with you.

Your mushroom dishes sound divine. Although, now that I know I'm eating fungal sexual organs I don't know if I can handle it.

 

post a comment