Monday, July 17, 2006

Retribution

Ah, the ultimatum. You toss them out with such gravitas and then the day comes when you have to own what you said. I'm good with the clever ultimatum. The one that really hurts. Sadly, they usually punish me as much as whoever I try to use them against but I think that's what makes them so effective, the fact that I'm willing to suffer just to make someone else suffer usually gets my point across.

Almost a year ago I issued one to Red Todd Kidd that involved me shaving my head if I cought him in a certain lie ever again. The time has come for me to decide whether it's worth it to carry through on it. Part of me says, yes I should absolutely do it because then he'll know that I mean business. Part of me says that I'm just being vindictive. I keep going back and forth on it, will it really make a point now that I've cut all my hair off anyway? Am I waffling because of my own vanity? If I do it will he get it or will he continue to do this same thing over and over again making the gesture worthless.

Ugh. I don't know what to do. I'm over the stage where I'd be doing it in just plain anger. I'm calm and cool now, believe it or not.

Labels:

Comments on "Retribution"

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (7/17/2006 6:23 PM) : 

Can't ya tie him down and shave HIS head? Your hair's so cute.

 

Blogger rincaro said ... (7/17/2006 6:44 PM) : 

We're having some um, fibbing issues around these parts as well.

How bad will it be for you if this act/lie is repeated? Because to me (and please don't take this the wrong way) if you don't shave your head, it's like giving him permission to do whatever it is again.

*hugs* rincaro from knittyboard

 

Blogger Poops said ... (7/17/2006 7:41 PM) : 

Well, I'm all for shaving your head. I'm thinking of shaving mine, only because it's so hot here and it grows back so fast anyway.

But I digress.

Would shaving YOUR head be punishment to him? Or was that all you could think of in the heat of the moment? I think if it would tell him you mean business in some way, then you should do it.

And I will also make you a cute cap to wear should the mercury ever drop below 100 degrees.

 

Blogger Tactless Wonder said ... (7/17/2006 8:56 PM) : 

As a recovering teacher, it really is abut follow through. If you don't? Then it shows you really didn't mean it and things might escalate...but that was middle school. I agree with Penny karma, if he's doing the "bad thing" he should get punished, not you...but that's my logic.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (7/17/2006 9:48 PM) : 

Aw, honey, don't shave your head over this. Shave your head because you're supporting a sister with cancer or because you think it would be a cool look but not because someone else was an idiot. At the end of the day, HE's responsible for his behavior. He should suffer the consequences of his actions, not you. But you know what? Whatever way you decide, I support you and think you're a kick-ass gal.

 

Blogger Rain said ... (7/18/2006 2:06 AM) : 

Yeah! Shave his head. Make him suffer not you. I'd keep that sexy new hairdo and think of a way to punish him that's evil to him not you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/18/2006 3:01 AM) : 

shave his eyebrows - that'll itch too!

it's his bad, why lose your great new look?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/18/2006 1:23 PM) : 

You'll have to forgive me, but who is this person you speak of?

I am also Shetland Wool.

 

Blogger DomesticOverlord said ... (7/18/2006 2:21 PM) : 

Red Todd Kidd is my blzkhogger name for my husband.

 

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said ... (7/18/2006 5:35 PM) : 

Consequences are important - consequences for him not you. Good luck, and I too love the new do.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (7/18/2006 8:41 PM) : 

Aw hell, who needs shaving? Just develop a headache for the next two months.

 

post a comment