Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The yarn is plotting against me!

Yep, it's Tuesday again. Lovin' that Tuesday mellow. Ahhhh. I'm just sitting here, working on tomorrow's story and thinking about all my UFOs. Man, why'd I have to go and do that? Ugh, now I'm mad at myself. AS you can see I took down my rarely updated progress bars. They didn't make me feel accomplished and I never remembered to update them.

Do you ever look around at your UFOs and think about the (at least) three projects you need to start and the (at least) five projects you want to start and just want to scream? More to the point do you want to scream, "FINE! YOU WIN! I'M NEVER GOING TO FINISH ANYTHING! I'VE SPREAD MYSELF TO THIN! YOU WIN UFOS! YOU WIN YARN! IF I SPENT EVERY WAKING HOUR KNITTING I'D STILL NEVER GET IT ALL DONE! I LOSE AND YOU WIN!" Okay I guess no one else probably feels like their yarn is out to get them but my yarn is out to get me! Or maybe I'm out to get me and I just project it on the yarn. No, that can't be it.

As you know I have several UFO's lying around including but not limited to the Harry Potter Scarf (slightly over half done), the Somewhat Cowel (maybe 25% done?), Satchel (I finally got an idea on how to make the strap adjustable!), and a tiny bit of one sock I started over the weekend with yarn that I bought about a year ago.

I really should start a vest for my MIL since the vest I gave her for her birthday last year ended up with her MIL because it didn't fit. For a year I've been promising her a new vest and having trouble with yarns and patterns (does no one make vests anymore?) and finally I think I've found one, Veste Everest. Turns out, that sucker is a lot of work that you actually have to pay attention to.

I really should start the sweater I was making for my mom for her birthday IN SEPTEMBER that I had to frog because of errors I couldn't seem to fix.

I'd really like to make myself a hat to sleep in with some fab alpaca I have lying around here because at night it gets way cold in my house but knowing me I'll finish it as the first heat wave of real spring hits in March.

I should start on Christmas gifts now so I'm not screwed when I think of it in another seven months.

I want to make things for me! Me! Me! Me! I'll just end up giving them away though so whatever. I think I'm going to go find something to work on. I'm going to finish something this week. If the yarn doesn't get me first...

Labels: ,

Comments on "The yarn is plotting against me!"

 

Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said ... (1/17/2006 10:00 AM) : 

Too cute!!
*Off to find my subject for "B"*

 

Blogger Chris said ... (1/17/2006 11:38 AM) : 

Hmm, someone's having a UFOlympics knitalong. Maybe that would be helpful?? Of course, now I can't remember where I saw that... It was inspired by the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics, but is for those who really shouldn't start anything new until they finish some things.

 

Blogger Rain said ... (1/17/2006 1:18 PM) : 

Hide them! or yourself, pull the bed covers over your head. Seriously, if you can't see them then they can't get you. Works with the cupboard monster every time.

Make yourself something first and then think about the rest.

Other than that, enslave a group of tiny minions to do your bidding, or teach your hubby to knit.

Don't forget to shut that yarn up somewhere securely, you don't want it in league with the werewolves.

 

Blogger Chris said ... (1/17/2006 1:32 PM) : 

UFOlympics

 

post a comment