Friday, December 30, 2005

Boys are dumb.

My dad and my husband spent a good two hours last night talking about stupid crap they used to do to their buddies with pellet guns and such. Morons.

I started the Somewhat Cowel. It's an experiment in yarn substitution. Miss Wendy used Blue Sky Alpacas, Alpaca and Silk, an alpaca silk blend. I'm using Knit Picks Andean Silk, an alpaca silk blend. The difference is one is sport weight and one is practically worsted. So what I did was take my guage swatch and figure out how many stitches would equal my bust size. Then I took the guage in the pattern and figured out which size multiplied out with the same stitch count. Now what I'm doing is following the directions for the 36" size but the measurements for the 44" size and praying that this very dodgy conversion system will work. It sounds good in theory, right? Right?

Labels:

Comments on "Boys are dumb."

 

Blogger Darbyrose said ... (12/31/2005 10:24 AM) : 

Umm, sure. Yeah, that sounds right.

Wait, that's math, isn't it?



Never mind.

darbyrose

 

Blogger Rain said ... (1/01/2006 3:30 AM) : 

Boys really are dumb. My brother and his friend used to tape eggs to the garage door and shoot at them, the first to get the yolk out won.

The conversion for the cowl sounds fine. My mother has a random formula that doesn't make sense to me about converting between different yarn weights. If I can remember it, i'll tell you.

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (1/02/2006 4:09 PM) : 

I'm not good at math so I can't help you out. It sounds ok. Go with it!

 

post a comment