Monday, January 16, 2006

New feature and comments

So I was looking at some other blogs and realized there are people out there with some good ideas. I love it when I find a blog where the writer gives me a heads up on what they're reading or listening to. I've gotten some good book suggestions from Wendy of Knit and Tonic (though our musical tastes, uh, differ) and she probably doesn't even know it! So I thought, why not do that for my six readers? I bet one or two might want a book suggestion or need a new band to listen to.

So there it is over there ----->

Also if you click on the pictures it will link you to amazon so you can buy a copy or read some reviews. I don't get paid for this, I just thought it'd be helpful. Sometimes I like to be helpful. Really.

The other thing I wanted to say on this lazy Monday is that I really appreciate those of you who take the time to drop me a line in the comments. Back when I first started reading blogs which was not too long ago I left a comment for the aforementioned Wendy and she actually emailed me back! I was so excited it was rediculous. I told Red Todd Kidd about it as though I'd met Bruce Willis or something. Wendy is a star and she talked to me. Omigod! Anyway, I try to email back to people that comment but sometimes their blogger accounts aren't set up that way so I can't. I do check out the blogs of nearly everyone that comments and try to comment back (sometimes I'm just not witty or personable that day). So anyway, comments are awesome and commenters are sublime. Thanks because it totally makes my day.

Oh, over the weekend I started a sock. I still haven't gone back to the Somewhat Cowel because I need that longer circ.

Don't worry Chapter One is on the way on Wednesday.

Comments on "New feature and comments"

 

Blogger Chris said ... (1/16/2006 3:04 PM) : 

That's a good idea, with the book and music list. I've tossed it around, but I fear my right sidebar is too cluttered already, which would mean delving into left sidebar...

 

Blogger DomesticOverlord said ... (1/16/2006 3:50 PM) : 

I cleaned out my sidebar a bit, none of the werewolves were pissed about the loss of the moon phase thing. At least they didn't tell me if they were, if I go missing on the next full moon, you'll know why...

 

Blogger Terby said ... (1/16/2006 4:38 PM) : 

Kitchen Confidential was a fun book. I want to read A Cook's Tour one of these days.

I'm going to make an effort to comment more - I lurk on your blog, but have been going through a dull phase lately. Looking forward to the next installment of the story, too...

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (1/16/2006 10:25 PM) : 

Waiting for Wed! About my button, well...I...urm...fixed it myself...I figured if I couldn't Iknow where you are :)

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (1/17/2006 9:58 AM) : 

So, you lost the progress bars and deleted all the pics out of your Flickr gallery? The thing's blank m'dear.

Oh, I have one of those "Currently Reading" sections but I really have to go get a new pic for it. Or, you know, I could finish reading the stupid thing.

Oh, and remember that thread you started asking about the 3 column layout? I don't know if you ever saw it, but I actually adopted it for myself and linked (in that thread) to the source. If you ever want to check it out. It was really easy to set up.

 

Blogger Rain said ... (1/17/2006 12:52 PM) : 

Hope the werewolves don't get you.

I need to clean mine up too, but i'm a sucker for buttons.

 

Blogger DomesticOverlord said ... (1/17/2006 3:21 PM) : 

Turtlegirl, I'm going to go check out your 3 column layout. I'm too lazy to change mine. I've done too much to it already.

The flickr gallery looks fine to me is it blank to anyone else?

 

post a comment