Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Baby Beetons

Bonus Post! Two in one day? You bet!

Here are a few pics of Baby Girl's handwarmers. I saw the pics of Mrs. Beeton from Knittytm and thought they might be cute for my little one but didn't have any yarn the right weight and was NOT going through the hassle of beading handwarmers for an 18 month old. In my typical fashion I just jumped right in with some leftover Panache and Andean Treasure (they match a lot better in person) and ended up making a simple project INCREDIBLY complex. To do these the way I made them requires use of size eight and six DPNs all at the same time. It's like double knitting but even more unwieldy.

Anyway, here they are. They're a tube with ribbing at both ends and a bit at the wrist. The ruffle was joined double knitting style. There are small buttonhole openings for her thumbs but I don't think she'll wear them that way. In fact, I don't think she'll wear them at all. But hey, I tried.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Baby Beetons"

 

Blogger Rain said ... (12/15/2005 2:10 AM) : 

Aw, what a cutie! They look really sweet on her.

 

Blogger knottyknitpicks said ... (12/16/2005 10:25 AM) : 

that's darling!!!!!!

 

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said ... (12/17/2005 9:55 PM) : 

Adorable baby beetons, and sweetie girl!

 

post a comment