Monday, October 24, 2005

Wanna see what I look like?

Since it's Monday and both kids have come down with a cold, I'm going to take it easy on all of us and have this entry be mostly pictures.

We (Red Todd Kidd, Me, the kids, My sister, her husband, their son, and my little brother) went to the pumpkin patch over the weekend and got our pumpkins. The kids had a GREAT time, especially Darth. Best of all no one barfed on any of the rides.

I still have quite a bit of knitting to do for Darth's birthday. I broke down and started another Bubby so that the kids wouldn't fight over the first one I made. I have one more leg to go and then it's sweater. I have some more knit picks sock yarn leftovers (that's what the first one was made out of Sock Landscapes in Yukon) in the Sock Garden Zinnia. Should be pretty cute.

I have to say the Bubby pattern is much better the second time around. I've used it as more of a guideline than a pattern and it's working beautifully. In fact I may have to give Darth the second one since it is a birthday present and all. He should get the good one right? Besides Lola is totally in love with the one in the blue sweater, I don't think she'll go for a swap. Plus Darth's current favorite color is red so his should get the red/orange/yellow sweater.

(That's not my husband -----> that's my brother-in-law with my nephew that's 3 days older than Lola)
Which brings me to the other knitting I have to churn out right quick. Darth's slipper boots. We went to our LYS on Saturday and he picked out a hank of Eco Wool in red. Lucky us all cascade was on sale for 20% off! I wish I could have bought a bunch of stuff but I had to spend $$ for Darth's birthday so just his wool and some to finnish RedTodd Kidd's Satchel. That's right, I aim to finish that thing next week after the birthday party is past and things calm down.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Wanna see what I look like?"

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (10/24/2005 3:52 PM) : 

those are some great pictures! the pumpkin patch ones are cute, though my favorite one has to be the last one...i like how everything is a blur, save the two subjects of that picture :)
props to you on restraining yourself during the cascade sale!
and i'm glad bubby's quite the fiaswun (complete success, opposite of fiasco) the second time around!
looks like you had a fun weekend!

 

Blogger weaselrina said ... (10/24/2005 8:12 PM) : 

Adorable pics! Looks like great fun!

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (10/25/2005 10:34 AM) : 

So is that you in the last pic? If so I'll just go puke now. No fair being hot AND a neat person, damnit!

 

Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said ... (11/05/2005 8:49 PM) : 

I love the SWING PICTURE! that is a fabulous shot... very nice.

 

post a comment