Monday, October 03, 2005

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

Yeah I'm pretty sure one of the kids muttered that in their sleep Wednesday night. What? Your kids don't quote Shakespeare at you threateningly in their sleep? Anyway, Thurday was an awful and LONG day. In fact, I seriously considered making Red Todd Kidd stay home on Friday just because I couldn't deal anymore. I was sick of sick kids. Too hard.

We did have a very nice weekend, obviously since I haven't blogged Since the dreaded Thursday of Doom. We went to see Serenity on Sunday. Don't worry no spoilers here. I won't say a word about the actual movie. All I'll say about the experience was that I have never been so caught up in anything fictional. No book, movie, story, RPG, or TV show has ever sucked me in like Firefly. I really felt like I knew the characters. I loved the series and the movie simply carries on, as it should. It is excellent and painful and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

I'm making good progress on Wavy. I've made it through three pattern repeats and I'm happy with that. I admit that I'm racing against my knitpicks order since the instant I have new yarn I have to cast on with it. A new yarn AND a new pattern? Over, I won't get back to Wavy for a good long time so I need to hustle. Poor Garish Socks hanging in limbo over there, I'll never finish those things. Sigh. Okay, I've got knitting to do!

Labels:

Comments on "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war."

 

Blogger knit_chick said ... (10/03/2005 12:31 PM) : 

Isn't Wavy a great knit? I really enjoyed it. Yours is looking great so far!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (10/03/2005 10:04 PM) : 

Wow! That's coming along great! I gotta make one...but I think I want it to be...red or chocolate...hmmmm

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (10/05/2005 6:13 AM) : 

Wavy looks fabulous! You people are going to make me start yet ANOTHER project, aren't you?

Damn you people.

 

Blogger weaselrina said ... (10/06/2005 10:56 AM) : 

Four truths and a Lie :) Yer up!

 

post a comment