Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I was RAKed!

It's been a miserable around here lately. The kids are sick. Blogger was mad at me. I've been getting a ton of dental work done and consequently haven't been able to eat anything much since Saturday. Yep, root canal on Saturday. Went in for a consultation, ended up with a root canal. Plus it took an extra hour because my nerves are "screwey" and only part of the tooth was numb. I knew that was coming though because that's what happened when I had my wisdom tooth in that area out. Monday I got all my upper right fillings replaced. I can't chew. I have to go back next Tuesday. I still need the crown on the tooth that had the root canal, another crown, all my other fillings replaced, my other two wisdom teeth pulled, and a cleaning. We've financed all of this, $201/month for the next 2 years. It just sucks.

But then, Monday afternoon, a package arrived. It was from Zknitter. It had two lovely balls of red merino wool, a pair of size 11 Lion Brand plastic needles, a box of stitch markers (the pretty beaded kind), and some knitterly notecards. Hooray! Instant cheering up. I've already started knitting up the yarn as you can see in the picture. It's the beggining of a hat but I'm sure it won't end up a hat. They never do.

In the spirit of giving, I planning to RAK some folks here pretty soon. Yes indeed, I've got four adresses sitting here next to a bunch of Kool-Aid. All I need to do is wait for payday so I can afford postage.

I'm also going to be ordering some stuff from knitpicks, hopefully they'll send it to the right house this time. I need yarn for Baby Girl's halloween costume. I need to make her a hat that looks like Princess Leia's hair. Fun, fun, fun.

Well, I went and ordered the yarn for the Wig/Hat, I had to put in extra stuff to make the $30 free shipping quota so I ended up getting the Elizabeth I pattern that I've been eyeing for quite awhile and three balls of Alpaca Cloud in Iris (for Grandma Iris), Moss (for Tara), and Autumn (I think for me but they never end up for me so we'll see). Oh goody more projects with deadlines. I think I'm drawing the line there for Christmas though. Maybe something for my sister, I'll try to get Blaze done for Mom, but I'm not going to kill myself knitting this year. Cookie Lee for the ladies where ever possible.

Labels:

Comments on "I was RAKed!"

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (9/28/2005 1:15 PM) : 

Sick kids and dental work, sucky! Awesome box of RAK goodness, awesome!

I think it balances out, doesn't it?

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (9/28/2005 1:45 PM) : 

RAKed! RAKed? RAKed. what is RAKed?!?!? enquiring minds need to know. it looks like you get a package of goodies--Secret Pal style--but if you know who it is, then it's not really a Secret Pal thing, is it? how do you RAK someone? haha, i could sooooo take this out of context and spin an innuendo off of it. but i won't.
today's word verification word of the day is "taarvnt" (verb): to fabricate meanings and uses for word verification words, other than as word verification.
e.g. "i like to taarvnt whenever i encounter interesting words via the word verification feature while leaving comments on my fellow bloggers' posts."
g'day.

 

Blogger weaselrina said ... (9/28/2005 9:27 PM) : 

Yeesh.. what a dental nightmare! And sick kids on top of that?

But I'm glad the RAK came along to boost your spirits.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (9/29/2005 10:02 AM) : 

OMG! I'm having a root canal on Saturday too. Grr...this is why I avoid the dentist. Every time I go they find new and exciting things to do to my teeth that inevitably cost thousands of dollars. Just take comfort in knowing that you will soon be able to knit your very own overalls of shame.

 

Blogger Brewgal said ... (10/06/2005 11:35 AM) : 

Love the kiddie photo! I can TOTALLY empathize with your tooth-related problems. I too have screwy nerves and have had four root canals. I was only completely numb for one of them. Are you going to wear the overalls of shame when you knit them?

 

post a comment