Sunday, October 30, 2005

At long last...

Yes, that's right, finally the pictures of the Princess Leia costume I've toiled so endlessly upon. As you can see I never did put a hood on it and I gave up on the belt (actually I never gave it a realtry, too hard) using silver ribbon in its stead. I think the general idea is still conveyed. As always, you can click on the pictures for a larger version.

Darth's fourth birthday party was a success. He got SO much stuff! Lots of puzzles which was very neat. He had a blast though he only stayed in his costume for a half hour. In fact everyone ditched their costumes by 2:00.

My sister's Yoda costume for her son turned out great. It was a big hit, too. It was all just sickeningly cute. Please note his authentic, light-up, Yoda lightsaber. It's tiny! Darth got his very own Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader color change lightsaber for his birthday and today he was playing with it, hitting the button to change the color and saying, "Good. Bad. Good. Bad. Good. Bad..."


Happy Halloween and may the force be with you!

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on "At long last..."

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (10/30/2005 5:53 PM) : 

Too cute! You did a good job, have fun tomorrow!

 

Blogger Terby said ... (10/30/2005 7:51 PM) : 

AWWWWWW!!!

Great job with the costumes.

 

Blogger weaselrina said ... (10/30/2005 8:27 PM) : 

So cute!!!! Great work!

 

Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said ... (10/30/2005 8:55 PM) : 

Awesome!
I sewed a full Jedi costume for Sapphire 2 years ago and none of the girls want to wear it anymore! Savor their appreciation.

 

Blogger Jillio said ... (10/30/2005 11:00 PM) : 

omg, kill me with the cuteness, why don't you?!!? aaahhhh!!! almost makes me wanna do something crazy...like get knocked up and have some munchkins of my own to dress up for halloween. almost. :P but you did a wonderful job on the costumes!!!! stupendous! too bad they only get to wear this once. :(

 

Blogger rincaro said ... (10/31/2005 4:47 AM) : 

*thunk* Died from cuteness overdose. You did a great job.

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (10/31/2005 7:59 PM) : 

I'm cracking up over the Star Wars Mini Mes you made! Hilarious! What a great job :)

 

Blogger cant_talk_knitting said ... (11/01/2005 9:12 AM) : 

Oh my goodness -- you must post a pattern for the Princess Leia hat!! I want one for myself. hee hee hee

 

Blogger Batty said ... (6/01/2007 7:15 AM) : 

This is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long, long time.

 

post a comment