Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Nephew Destined for Clown College.

I'll give you a tiny sneek peek of my soon-to-be-new nephew's sweater (Auspicious Coincidences from Compassionate Knitting) that I started yesterday. I'm not sure if I was possessed or if baby sweaters are just THAT speedy but I'm almost through the body and onto the sleeves. The thing is a riot of color. I'm pretty sure the only place it wouldn't be an eyesore is at a clown college. The Bright Freaking Orange* trim isn't going to make matters better. Oh well, my sister will love it because it's striped, orange, and insane. I may have it finished by the end of the week since I'm knitting in the ends as I go to avoid the mad number of ends on the thing.

*The orange is so bright that on a pervious project I had to put it down every few minutes to readjust my eyes. I started seeing blue everywhere because of that whole negative image thing. It's so bright that it should come with some kind of a warning label telling you not to stare directly at it since, like the sun, it causes blindness, as opposed to the sweater that just makes you WISH for blindness.

Keohinani had a meme that required actual thought! I decided to run with it, consider yourself tagged if you feel like being tagged.

Rules: Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following...They MUST be real places, names, things...NOTHING made up! If you can't think of anything, skip it. Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question.

Your Name: Sarah

1. Actor: Sylvester Stallone
2. 4 letter word: sock ( bet you thought I'd go for a REAL 4 letter word, didn't ya?)
3. Street name: Sisson St. (It's in Boston)
4. Color: sage
5. Gift/present: sweets
6. Vehicle: Suzuki Swift
7. Tropical Location: St. Bart's
8. College Major: Sociology
9. Dairy Product: Smetana
10. Thing in a Souvenir Shop: snowglobes!
11. Boy Name: Seth
12. Girl Name: Sally
13. Movie Title: Silverado
14. Beer: Schlitz heh
15. Occupation: Smarmy Salesman
16. Flower: Snapdragon
17. Celebrity: Susan Sarandon
18. Magazine: Seventeen
19. U.S. City: Springfield

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Nephew Destined for Clown College."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/24/2007 8:43 PM) : 

I like those colors! Looks good, what we can see.

Oh..and I'll skip the meme.. I mean Z...yikes!! ;)

 

Blogger Rain said ... (1/25/2007 2:31 AM) : 

Baby knitting is so speedy (why do you think I do so much of it?) I think it looks great, the colours work really well together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/25/2007 11:09 AM) : 

That is so cute! Kids love colors. The more colors, the crazier it looks to you, the more they're going to love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/26/2007 9:33 AM) : 

When I start checking your blog about as regularly as I did the game forums, I know my is boring as crap. Just thought I'd inform you how much i hate the letter J now. Seriously, Jalapeno Ale is the only beer I could find that really fit the bill, and its from fkn Nova Scotia. and "our search in the Winnipeg Directory for Flowers does not contain any listings that begin with the letter J." Apparently today's mantra is "I'm a horrible monster, and I pray for death."

 

post a comment