Monday, March 06, 2006

Half-assing my way through life

It's going to be another week of scant posts. NO! Not scat posts, scant posts, meaning few and far between. Maude, get your mind out of the gutter. I have out of town guests coming. I'm so excited! My son's godfather (who is one of the main factors that got Red Todd Kidd and I together) and his wife are coming for a visit.

Now I'm faced with a conundrum: he goes by a nickname so when I blog about him do I use his nickname or do I make up a new nickname? I actually have a couple of people I've never nicknamed on my blog because, well, I don't really know. Wow, anonymity is hard. Eh, I'll just go with Tonka.

Anyway, Tonka and his wife, (uh... name for her, I need a name for her...crap I'm really stuck here...) Cathrine the Great, their son, and Tonka's mom are coming out for a visit. I haven't seen him in four years and I haven't seen Cathrine the Great in three. Plus since they're coming a bunch of our other friends are coming too: Fuzzy Tail and her boy toy, Stripes, as well as The Single Letter and Kaylee. I'm totally excited, can you tell?

The point of me telling you all this was to let you know that I'm not going to be around much. Especially since it's going to be The Single Letter's AND Tonka's mom's birthday while they're here so I'm baking two cakes and trying to quickly make one of those little cable knit purses that everyone has made. Oh, but I can't just follow the easy pattern, noooooooo. I had to decide to pull a cable out of my new Viking Knits book and try that. I'm about to go rip it out and start over to add some extra selvedge. Why do I do this to myself? Sometimes I think someone should just strangle be with my circs and take my stash.

(The picture above is The Single Letter and Fuzzy Tail from a couple years ago)

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Half-assing my way through life"

 

Blogger Pinkwool said ... (3/06/2006 10:59 AM) : 

Well have fun with your guests! Sounds like you have alot of reminiscing to do.

Can't wait for the next installment of the beatrix saga!

 

Blogger Rain said ... (3/06/2006 1:14 PM) : 

Sounds like you're going to have a house full. Have fun.

 

post a comment