Friday, December 09, 2005

Promises, promises.

Okay so I know I promised you recipes and pics of firemen and you may be wondering where those are. Well, terribly sorry, my scanner is throwing a fit and won't scan the entire calendar pictures. If you want pictures of a fireman's nose though, I got ya covered.

So here's my compromise, I'll give you a recipe and show you a picture of my uncle who is a fireman. Deal? Great! Oh let me disclaim this picture a bit, I took it nine months ago at our family's Easter barbecue, he's wearing the goofy girly sunglasses because he's a goofball. He took them from his little sister (the blonde lady next to him). Ain't family fun?
As for your cookie recipe, this is brought to you by Fire Chief Robert Pereira of Murphys:

Mint Chocolate Cookies

2/3 c Butter, softened
2/3 c Sugar
1/3 c Dark Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
2 (1 oz.) Squares Unsweetened Chocolate, melted
1 1/2 c Flour
2 (4.67 oz) packages of Andestm Creme de Menthe Thins, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 325F. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and melted chocolate at med-high speed until fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour; increase mixer speed gradually and beat until just blended. Stir in Andestm Creme de Menthe Thins. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2 1/2" apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 17 minutes or until tops look dry. Place cookie sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes to cool then transfer cookies to racks for complete cooling. Makes about 2 dozen cookies

Okay now let me just say, they sound fussy but they're not. The most important thing about these cookies is they do NOT taste right just out of the oven. They need to be room temperature to really be good. I actually like to keep them in the fridge or freezer. Also, the dough for these is OUTSTANDING. If you can't make chocolate chip cookies without eating all the dough, you will be in trouble with these. Lastly, I don't make them as big as the recipie says to, I find it just doesn't work. I use a teaspoon to put them on sheets and I get about 3-4 dozen depending on how much of the dough I eat. Okay, I still get 2 dozen.

Labels:

Comments on "Promises, promises."

 

Blogger SoberHope said ... (12/09/2005 9:25 AM) : 

Your uncle is a hottie. I've got a fire he can put out. Don't tell my husband I said that. I have a weakness for fireman and cookies. I need professional help.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (12/09/2005 2:49 PM) : 

Is he single??????

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (12/09/2005 2:50 PM) : 

Seriously...is he??? :-)

 

post a comment