Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Satchel Can't Corner


Yep that's my yesterday. To lazy to put my taquitos on a plate, barely started Satchel for DH, and putting up with Darth leaving his light saber wherever.

In the pic to the left there I had just cast on at about 2pm, by the end of naptime I had finished the whole bottom and picked up stitches to start knitting the bag in the round. Of course everytime I counted the stitches I came up with a different number and never was that number the 128 it was supposed to have been. With great frustration I finally managed to count 125 twice in a row so I picked up 3 more stitches near to where I thought I may have missed them and kept going. It gonna be felted so who cares, right? Right?

What I discovered when I finally managed to get all my stitches and take off in the round is that knitting a rectangle in the round is (not only some kind of oxymoron but also) a little bit annoying. By a little bit annoying I mean, the stupid thing was driving me nuts! I couldn't get around the corners! My needles kept getting all stuck and not wanting to budge. By the end of the night I had gotten far enough that I have slack in the corners and can maneuver about. I just want to warn my fellow knitty knitters that the corners are annoying. ANNOYING I SAY!


So here's a pic if the inside (click to make it bigger). You can barely see the seam from where the stitches are picked up. I think that means I did it right since on the outside there's no seam showing. That's what really matters right? I've never picked up stitches from a cast on edge before so I wasn't really sure how to go about it. God forbid I look it up, I just stumbled on through the pattern.


Here's a pic of the dreaded corner. I guess it turned out well despite my trouble. I just keep saying to myself, Don't worry, It's going to be felted.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Satchel Can't Corner"

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (8/26/2005 1:15 PM) : 

hey there Dometstic....

now I'm part of the Sara[h] knitting ring, thought I'd stop in.


Satchel is looking good...I'd love to see it all done up!

Sarah.

(morgsarah on knitty).

 

Blogger DomesticOverlord said ... (8/26/2005 2:47 PM) : 

As soon as it's done there will be pics. In fact before it's done there will be more pics.

 

post a comment